[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - New here. But not to DSM's. Hi!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
New here. But not to DSM's. Hi! 
N00b

Post New here. But not to DSM's. Hi!
So my name is Ashwin. I have a red GST with a bunch of mods on it. Haven't been to a meet or "spirited driving event" in years. I tune my car myself and I keep it on a safe tune.
I like all sorts of cars and just the sheer mechanics of engines, drivetrains, suspensions, and everything surrounding them.

I just put in a gtx35/30 variant turbo on it. Running it at 25psi. (1st and 2 gears are useless with the lack of traction). was enough to hang with a stock GTR. Actually when i started pulling him in while in 3rd he heard the external dump coming and he let off. And he said "nice sleeper". WTF! It looks nothing like a sleeper. But I took the compliment. And that was the spark I needed to get going back into modifying things. At some point I'm going to turn it up to 27-30psi and see how tough my 7-Bolt is.

Why the paragraph above was mentioned is neither here nor there. Just saying after all these years(since 2004) its still fun. I'm getting the bug again to build this into a solid DD with 400-500whp. It took about 3 years of constant everyday beating of a Evo III 16g at 30psi and a lot of methanol. So I'm thinking more DSM is necessary in my life. Doctors orders.

Oh yea and I'm going to school for welding. Already welded my wastegate provisions to my manifold and recently the recirculation of the turbo. I've never seen a recirculation like it but it works great. Lets me hear the compressor working. mmmm. compressors. boosties.
I'll stop typing now as I am hungry for a burrito of some kind.

I hope I can come out to a meet sometime and meet up with some fellow feinding four cylinder friends in LA.

:)

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Post Re: New here. But not to DSM's. Hi!
WELCOME to LADSM.com...

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:34 pm
Profile YIM
Official Photographer

Welcome to ladsm, got any pics?

Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

welcome fellow gear head

2003 Yamaha R6

Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:44 am
DSM Regular

welcome.

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD
1993 Eclipse GS - SOLD (I MISS MY 1G)

Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:33 am

Welcome to LADSM. Good intro. +1 on the pics.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:59 am

Welcome, we like picts

Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:11 pm
Profile YIM
N00b

do i have to upload it to another site to post it?
ill snap some newer pics this weekend and post them.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:51 pm

You can upload straight through your phone's gallery if you download Tapatalk on your phone and use the site through Tapatalk

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:56 pm
N00b

Got a few snaps recently. Once I get my 1050cc and AFPR equipment on and boot a hardwired 255hp in I should be able too push 30psi with methanol and a bit of water being injected.

I have eibach prokit springs for a 2g fwd for $100 picked up.

Also have RC 550cc injectors for $125 picked up.

I'll post that in the for sale forum just throwing it out there in here I suppose.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:13 am
N00b

Yea thanks for the tapatalk suggestion. This thing is pretty cool

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:19 am
No More 2.3L

Car looks nice man, should be a freeway monster. Or a drag strip monster if you are down to throw on some slicks.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:55 pm
Profile YIM

Welcome, and nice dsm... Caught my interest when you mentioned gtr...lol you should come to the meet sometime. Some slicks on your car and it would be a fast whip at the track!

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:12 am
Official Photographer

very nice

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

yea ill try to make it out to the meet sometime soon. not sure when it is but im sure its posted as a sticky.

In response thank god its not AWD though. I dont launch because 1st doesnt exist in my cars dimension(and its my DD)
2nd I have to feather to get it to 3rd.
Once it hits 3rd...loawd Jayzus.

Fun car to build though. Highway beast.
Which one will go first...? Engine? or Transmission? Only time will tell. Hopefully not though.
thanks for the replies, makes it feel worth the while.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]