[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - LADSM and Facebook
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
LADSM and Facebook 

Post Re: MOD '14 July 12, 2014

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:55 am
Profile YIM
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:31 am

The people running the FB page have no intention of stealing our name or changing our image. Jaimer, Raul, and Gabe (Talon) have been going to our meets since long before the FB page and they definitely represent a portion of the club. The FB page directs people to LADSM.com very visibly. Whether or not that generates traffic here, I don't know, but I'm personally really glad to see renewed interest in our club and at our Monday meets. I don't see any reason for a power struggle. What we *should* do, if we care about the LADSM name or reputation, is start showing up to meets, talk to people, and tell them to register on the forums. I agree that any meets, BBQs, caravans, or other club business should be discussed here and that decisions should be made by senior members, but I see nothing wrong with people taking interest in being a part of our club.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:45 am
Profile WWW
Official Photographer

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:51 am
Profile WWW
Luvz teh Beer!!

Like I said good for attendance, not for site traffic maybe that can be fixed. I think there should be a presence on social media but if info is posted there regarding meets etc...it should be posted here too, it should be used to promote and supliment the site.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:55 am

Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:11 am
Profile WWW

Quality over quantity

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:37 am

There are some issues being brought up about LADSM.com and the Ladsm fb page. I am suggesting we/us/all discuss the problem in person at the next upcoming Monday meet...we need to squash this problem before it becomes way out of hand and start talking about each others mother...

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:05 am
Profile YIM

i say leave the fb group as is. it brings about big turnouts for the monday meets.
social media groups will come and go, but ladsm.com has lasted, and i hope it keeps standing for more years to come. i have made good friends because of this site, and dont intend on ruining the reputation it built over the years, but it seems like more people are interested in social media than the forum. that's fine with me. the way i see it, those who are more into the social media arent the ones who are tech oriented anyways and will more than likely not have any useful insight to provide on this site. they'll just be spamming here with their nonsense and pics they take everyday of their barely running cars.
those of us who are more into the performance aspect of dsms will be the ones sticking around. the social media fans will fade, just like the social media will. myspace for example.
as far as using ladsm for the fb group page, i dont see anything wrong with it. the instagram page, well, let them spam those sites with pics of their pos cars. and if people have a problem with members using social media to promote this page and the biweekly monday meet, then maybe you should do some promoting on your own. it wasnt until the fb page that the meets started getting big turnouts again, and members are whining about it? is their no more love for dsms except for your own? only the "OG" dsmers can say who can show up to the meets and who can promote the site? if that's the case, ladsm would still be pretty much inactive because there's nobody out there promoting the site and trying to get dsmers to show up to the meets.

2003 Yamaha R6

Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:31 am
Luvz teh Beer!!

Post Re: LADSM and Facebook
Keep this discussion here and out of other threads

Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:46 am
DSM Regular

All you women are really gona make me drive down from NorCal to settle this, so be it. See you all at the next meet.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Finally something shook this place up again it was about time. Everyone makes valid points toward this issue. There would be times that it would only be 3 of us at meets and that's discouraging to see. Its understandable that people have lives and it makes it hard to attend but when they are free and could make it and then try to say that this is wrong whats happening they are too blame for what is happening. I'll be the first to admit I'm guilty of this I have Monday's free but I have to be at work at 6am. I can show up for an hour and interact wit everyone but I don't. Like I said earlier it was discouraging to come to a meet and only have 1 or 2 more guys show up. OG members need to try and make an effort to make their presence be known. Social media should be used as tool to direct people to the forum. A lot was already said that I had in mind. We all need to try and make the effort and keep making this club what it was what it can be and what it should be the biggest DSM club in L.A Well that's my opinion on the topic.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:10 pm

Alll senior/admins/moderators should attend the next meet if possible. Lets talk it out. I hope we all can talk it out.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:57 pm
Profile YIM
Official Photographer

Id love to attend some meets but car is broken and have not been able to find another for a reasonable price haha

Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next