[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Crunch time.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Crunch time. 

Post Crunch time.
Last night at the meet dsm99, synthetic, and I said we were going to work on our cars today. Well I spent the whole afternoon and until now, my talon is alive.

I'm pretty sure were not he only ones doing this the last minute. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:05 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

Post Re: Crunch time.
I had to work late , I am starting tomorrow morning.

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:09 pm

Haha I just stopped right now literally. i shoulda took a pic. I will continue early and all day tomorrow. I'll be sure to snap a pic.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:10 am

Got some old pics. Trans off

What's left of the fork and TOB

Took out ac compressor, all the lines, removed the front mont intercooler to take the condenser out, I made a shroude and got a 2nd slim fan, took my most of my emissions crap off.Gonna grind of my ac bracket. That's was today. Tomorrow everything else is ready to go back on.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:19 am

Haha. Our talk got me motivated to work on it. I didn't want to but I don't want to do this the very last minute. I still have to set the timing with a timing light which I have never done before, somehow I always got the cas right on the dot the previous time I did it. Keep up the good work guys.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:24 am

What had happen to your car? Head gasket?

Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:05 am

I broke two exhaust manifold studs. Well its been broken for years. The leak was so bad, i tried extracting it but it wouldn't. So i pulled the head. I had a built head ready to go in. while the head was out i cleaned the f$&= out of the engine bay. And replaced all the bolts in the motor to arp. New gaskets and seals all around. Once i have my timing set, ill pull the Trans and put my built one just for mods.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:54 am

I'm on the same boat on the exhaust studs with one if them.

Well my update it is going good. Damn near everything back in. Just topped of the tranny fluid. Gonna buy a battery later today and prime it. And it should be ready to rock and roll

Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:23 am

Well started her up last night. Took it for a test drive today. It was ok at first but then started sputtering badly, not sure if its the gas from sitting for a year or what but I'm gonna check the plugs & the gap

Other issue I noticed my fans aren't working. So I'm working on that right now.

It's almost there, if I don't that sputtering/misfiring issue resloved I prob won't take it to MOD

Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Im going to be on the same boat. turned it on and it was getting hot fast. Replaced the thermostat and rad cap. Hopefully it will cure its heating issues. Its not blowing smoke, so hg is good. No coolant in the oil. Ill just run without a thermo

Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Gabe make sure all the air puckets are oit of the cooling system. Run the cars for a few mins without the radiator cap, let it spill out amd as coolent as needed.

Ok, for me I got my main stock fan working. So the no more heating issues.
The slim fan on the ac side isn't turning on but i don't really need that for now

Next is that sputtering issue. I can even rev it up smooth. It breaks up after 2-3k rpms....any ideas??

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Yup I did that, I let it idle until it warmed up and turned on the heater on full blast, coolant isn't going down. I'll figure it out in a bit just got home,I'll take it out for a cruise.

Your plugs and wires are probably bad from sitting to long and maybe fuel filter. I hope you didnt have a full tank when you parked it. Gas tank could have rusted. But change your plugs and wires, autozone doesn't carry ngk anymore at least where I am, but pep boys has all bpr6es, bpr7es, and 8es.

I gapped mine at .022 ill be running 25lb+ I probably need to regap them more.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:00 pm

If it's not going down then it's your thermo stat but you said you changed that?? So the bottom radiator hose is cold then? Idk about you but I know these cars are picky so if it aint aftermarket parts then I use oem.

Nah the plugs and wires are new. So i can almost assure its not that. And I also gap them at .022 but I'll check them regardless. Also I'm gonna do a boost leak test.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Well here it is running. Took it out for a drive temp are 205 ish according to link. But thats with air bubbles still ill.keep topping off.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Is that a new license plate :wink:

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next