[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Welding for tubular manifold
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Welding for tubular manifold 
DSM Regular

Post Welding for tubular manifold
Hello everyone
My tubular manifold has a crack. Can anyone weld/fix it?
Its in the middle area where the tubes come together. I had it fixed by a muffler shop but it opened up again.

Thanks!

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:51 am
DSM Regular

Post Re: Welding for tubular manifold
I can weld it for you

Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:30 am
Talon of Doom

If it's cheap thin wall shit, it will crack again and again and again

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:47 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:00 am
DSM Regular

Thanks guys for replying. I never got a noticed of the replies. I just saw them. Still need to weld the manifold. Its a turbo performance old school one. Hoping someone can weld it.
The muffler shop only welded from the outside and seemed to make the hole bigger.i was told it needs to be weld from the inside but its a bit hard to get to. And might need to be cut open then reweld.

If anyone can do it please text me. I can text a picture. Thanks

323-347-9487

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:06 pm

With all the money your spending.on welding it you can get the same one on ebay lol

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:31 am
Post Master

Come to my house n if up this tubular one for 40

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:32 pm
DSM Regular

Lolvtech, sadly ive tried finding the same one on ebay with no luck.
4g63king, im not sure if the one you have will fit. My turbo uses the old turbo performance set up with recirculating o2 housing. That lines up right next to the manifold. Ive looked for other manifolds but it seems I would also have to change the o2 and wastegate housing.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:06 am
Post Master

Isn't the o2 housing, separate from the manifold itself?

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:11 pm
DSM Regular

4g63king. Yeah they are separate parts. My current setup has the wastegate attached to the o2 housing and recirculates. My problem is that the wastegate comes up and lines up right next to the manifold. and my current manifold allows room for it. Hope this makes sense. But its been easier to fix this manifold than change the whole setup.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:21 pm
Post Master

Well in San Fernando there a very good as welder he can fix it for you

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 pm
DSM Regular

Can you post or pm the guys info. Thanks!

Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:28 pm
Post Master

It's called jc welding on San Fernando rd. in Pacoima

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]