[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - motorgen gmr cruise february 20th.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:54 am

Forum rules

This section is for NON LADSM sanctioned meets / events. If you want to set up an event or meet, or know of one post it here. DO NOT POST illegal activities such as street racing or other illegal street activity.

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
motorgen gmr cruise february 20th. 
DSM Regular

Post motorgen gmr cruise february 20th.
Hey fellas who's down for a cruise on Saturday? I know I am, and other random cars... ARE YOU???!!!??? here's the info..

The next cruise will be on February 20th and based on feedback from our last event I'm changing some things around. I'm moving the meeting point closer to the actual run (to keep everyone together better) and I'm also making the run shorter. This one is only about 43 miles so it won't be such a long day. Thanks again to everyone for showing up in January though - it was amazing to see 70-80 awesome cars of all different makes and models all cruising together!

The meet point for this cruise will be at a Kohl's in Upland with a very large parking lot. The address for Kohl's is:

1923 N Campus Ave
Upland, CA 91784

This puts us only about 5 miles or so from the beginning of the run. As I mentioned above, the total distance for the entire cruise is 43.3 miles. It should last about an hour and a half total. Once we finish the run the meeting point will be at a restaurant called La Tolteca (EXCELLENT Mexican food with a large parking lot and plenty of room for all of us inside unlike the last time at SuperMex). The restaurant is less than 5 miles from the end of the run, so again it should be a lot easier to keep together. The address for La Tolteca is:

429 N Azusa Ave
Azusa, CA 91702

I am going to shoot for a meet time at the Kohl's in Upland at 2:45p.m. We will leave the lot at 3:30p.m. I checked and the sun is due to set at 5:40p.m. on the 20th so we should have plenty of time to get off the mountain before it gets dark. With any luck, we should arrive for dinner between 5 and 5:30p.m.

Here is the route we are taking. I have gone through and cleaned it up by hand (don't trust google maps completely) and it should be simple. I will have directions for everyone at the Kohl's and will hand them out before we leave. The drive is a lot of fun and the views are pretty incredible.

If we have as many cars as last time, we'll probably try to break up into groups of 20-25 cars (we could break everyone up into groups of "fast," "normal," and "just out to enjoy the view" speeds).

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:52 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: motorgen gmr cruise february 20th.
I'm down. :mrgreen:

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:46 am
No More 2.3L

I should be able to make it. 80% chance I will get out of school in time to meet up.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:06 am
Profile YIM

I'll meet you guys at the bottom of the mountain at that abandoned Canyon Inn.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:21 pm
DSM Regular

quote="tekron03"]I'll meet you guys at the bottom of the mountain at that abandoned Canyon Inn.
were goin up through upland to end up in azusa....pm me ur digits.[

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:47 am
Profile WWW

Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:01 am
DSM Regular

koo...

Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:48 am
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

I really wanted to make it to this but I wasn't able to leave school until 5:00 so no go for me. Hopefully I will get to go to the next one.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:06 am
Profile YIM

I had a lot of fun. Thanks for mentioning it Ever!

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:32 am
DSM Regular

no prob man...we needed more to rep ladsm though.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:54 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:44 am
Profile WWW

That is a sweet pic. I look like a cartoon!

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:13 pm
DSM Regular

I saw this too late. :cry:

90 GSX - HKS' Former Promo Car -Sold

Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:44 pm
DSM Regular

dont trip ill post the next motorgen canyon cruise meet.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]