[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Need Help hooking up a safc
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Need Help hooking up a safc 

Post Need Help hooking up a safc
Hi guys, I want to get my car some what tuned, so I picked up a apexi neo for cheap, but I need help hooking it up to a 420a, reason for the tune is that I've thrown a lot of parts into it so I want to get everything working together. Has anyone here done this before, or can I hire someone with experience wiring one of these up to help me. I know megasquirt is the way to go with 420a's but there pretty up there in price. Unless someone has one just lying around... Help me out guys. Thanks in advance. :hfive:

Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:58 pm
Squish Face

Post Re: Need Help hooking up a safc
Find a pin layout for ur ecu and it's easy once u have that.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

I don't remember what you have done to your car but SAFCs are pretty useless for our cars other than smoothing out poor idles when using SFMU.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:15 pm

my idle is very inconsistent, that is the biggest reason for this, sometimes its fine, but there are times when it starts fluctuating at very low RPM's and in worst cases dies when I stop, so it's ok on the streets where I only stop at lights, but imagine that on a freeway in traffic, having to start her up every once in a while is a pain.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:45 am
Goderator

You ruled out any and all vac leak sources? As far as your wiring diagram goes, I'm sure you can find some on 2gnt or possibly a Neon forum. It's not too common for 420a to have AFCs installed on them so there isn't exactly abundant information on it but still out there.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:04 am

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:27 am

no cels, and after everyone saying that its a small gain for me, I'm going to go with the afx ecu replacement, I contacted them and they seem to have a better turn around time now, plus they're on sale so might as well go for it.

Thanks to all who gave comments, this is why I'm proud to represent LADSM whenever possible. We help each other out.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:18 am
Goderator

You have a 97, right? They only made the ECUs for 97s and stopped because the demand wasn't there for more. Also I heard they stopped production of those things. I didn't know they were making more.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:53 am

yeah, they've actually expanded the years to the whole 95-99 and I contacted them yesterday and they said that its available.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:58 am

I have an idea......Sell ur 420a and buy a gst. It will solve a lot of problems. :)

BROKEN Project Car- 1991 Eclipse GSX-in the works of fixing. Never going to run
New Daily Driver- Trailblazer baby!

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:09 am
Official Photographer

Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:04 pm
Profile WWW

:damn:

Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:25 pm