[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Starting problem
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Starting problem 
N00b

Post Starting problem
I was driving my eclipse the other day and stopped at home came back to go to one of your meets and surprise you guys but when I started the car it would not start up when I put the key in the ignition to start the car the starter would start but the car would not fire up so i know the problem isnt the starter so I checked My fuse box and the the 20a fuse was burned, so I bought like 10 of those fuses and everytime I would start the car it would blow the fuse any Ideas the only thing I did was install a High performance raidiator but other than that not sure what causing it ... any advice ^^

Last edited by Hattori Hanzo on Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:22 am

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:29 am
N00b

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:40 am
No More 2.3L

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:20 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:13 am
Profile WWW

ok this just happend to me a while back look at what i had to go through

i had to cut into my main harness all the way to inside the car, and just like you my car would blow the 20AMP engine fuse just like urs. ok so let me tell you what i did. i got a bulb to like a autometer gauge and put it in the socket where the fuse went( you gotta be crafty) find a way to do it. so i connected the wires to the burnt out fuse than stuck the fuse back in. so when you turn on the car(not starting it) the light will come on. now you want to get that light to go out, and if its your 20amp fuse its something in the EFI system, thats like everything..lol

ok now where my short was, mine was in my CAS. the three wires had some how gotten melted together. so i seperated them, and had to run a new ground to inside the car, because it was all burnt out. and that was behind the center counsle down by your ECU. now you have to untape all that wiring because not only did it melt to those three wires up top, it also melted to some along the way to the CAS from inside the car.

so in short this sucks but you will get it, there is only so much wiring you can look at.

if you need anymore help hit me back

Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:18 am
N00b

Last edited by Hattori Hanzo on Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:47 pm
Goderator

Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:57 pm

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:00 pm
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:13 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]