[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Evoscan logger Review
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Evoscan logger Review 

Post Evoscan logger Review
Many of you have heard me complain about having to do two separate logs when I tune. Since I went the affordable route and got the Ostrich/TunerPro combo, I tune with tuner pro, but I have to log with the TMO logger for ECU readings (timing, knock, fuel trims, IDC, etc) and I have to log with the Zeitronix datalogger for AFR, boost, and EGT. MMcd will use the EGR-t input for WBO2, but you have to run a palm or palm emulator, and it won't export AFRs to spreadsheet.

After bitching and moaning about this for over a year I stumbled across . Not sure why it took me this long b/c its been around since 2007. =P Evoscan is a BADASS datalogging program that only costs $25 (you pay w/ PayPal and instantly download the software). If you already have a logging cable, you are all set and there's no additional cost. If you don't have one, scour eBay for one and get a proper serial to USB adapter, or buy a really nice USB ready cable from Evoscan for $75.

Evoscan started as a datalogger for mitsubishi cars with beta releases in 2006 and a full release in 2007. I guess it was mostly used for Evos and 2g DSMs, but 1g DSM support was added in '08. It also works with Subies. Evoscan has a ton of features. You can log just about anything you need to, and you can customize each paramater to fit your needs. It comes with native Zeitronix/Innovative/AEMUego support, so all you have to do is highlight the check boxes and you're off and logging AFR, boost, and EGTs along with all your basic ECU info. The best part about this feature is that you don't have to rewire anything or attach Zeitronix wires to your ECU...Evoscan will take the data from the Zeitronix cable that you plug into your computer to log!! It also has map tracing for fuel, timing, and knock sensor analysis (see pic below). On top of that, it has an array of useful dashboard graphics which display gauges for all the parameters you're logging. This is perfect if you have a passenger helping you tune or if you have an in-dash video screen to display it while driving.

If that wasn't good enough, they just added support to attach a GPS and webcam! You can log laps at the track and have it playback in realtime with the video that you record. That's pretty badass for $25 (GPS and camera not included, of course)

I've been playing around with it for a few days, and the only complaint I have is that it bundles all the parameters together on one graph when you're reviewing a log, so the small measurements (i.e. knock) are indistinguishable when the y axis is tall enough for RPM to get to 7,000+. I also had to tweak the timing parameter. There was a correction factor that was off by 10 degrees. I just added 10 and it was fixed. Those issues aside, its a great logger. I like that it logs to a file instantly, so you never have to click "save" and name the file.

Here's some screen shots:

Zeitronix/Innovative/AEMUego support:

A couple of the customizable gauge displays:

Map tracing feature:

Webcam/GPS support:

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Goderator

Post Re: Evoscan logger Review
Really like the GUI of it. Wish Link had incorporated alternative data stream views (they really need to outsource writing that program to someone that professionally codes to take full advantage)

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:45 am

Yeah, it looks slick. If I'm not mistaken, with the map tracing, you can more easily pinpoint exactly where knock is happening, rather than looking at RPM and just guessing what load map its on. I believe 'Link V3 does this too. I haven't tried this feature out yet, but I'd really like to map out what my knock sensor is doing to help differentiate between PK and real knock. This map tracing will come in REAL handy once I do the extended fuel and timing maps modification. When tuning w/ the stock maps, you do 90% of your tuning with the top load map. With extended maps, you have to actually figure out what load you're at when a knock event occurs so you can tune it out.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Ive been using evoscan for the last couple months, and i told you it was sweet clint. The only problem ive had is that the maptracer feature doesn't always like to work with vista. But still im rocking v2.5 and i am yet to install v2.6. FYI Make sure the datalogging cable you buy if you plan to use evoscan is compatible because not all cables are. Oh and one last thing, im not sure about your ecu but on the evoecu's this logging references the MUT table to log other things that you can patch in (such as wideband, 2/1bite load, iat, etc) which is pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:37 am
Profile WWW

Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:40 pm
Profile WWW

Gotcha.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:58 pm