[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - E85 tuning
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
E85 tuning 
N00b

Post E85 tuning
hey,
Just wondering if anyone here is doing the E85 thing? There are two gas stations in SD county
that have it and I am considering running it. From what I read..at least 1000cc injectors are needed.
I have a big 16g [42] that I have not put in..and was looking at maybe getting a 50 trim instead. and also
dual map chip.
Any experience with E85 would be welcomed
thanks,
N

Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:04 am
No More 2.3L

Post Re: E85 tuning
I'm hoping to do an E85 tune on my new setup. You shouldn't need 1000cc injectors with the 16G but when I ran my calculations for my 50 trim I found that I would need around 1150cc injectors. There is lots of info on Tuners about E85 including the formulas you would need to figure out what size injector you would need for a given amount of airflow.

And there is one guy on here that is running E85 with a Holset HX-40 and it is damn impressive.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:05 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

Thanks for the info..I was thinking that a big 16g [42] running e85 would be in the low 400hp range..I may
want to just get a 50 trim. I am still doing this up in my head so I still have time to figure out where I
am going to be.

thanks,
N

p.s. I forgot to mention that its a big 16g not an evo III 16g...so alittle less flow.

Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:11 pm
Talon of Doom

hp is going to be determined by the turbos flow rate. You can have all the octane you need, but the wall will be how much air the turbo moves in and out of the engine. The 16G comp wheel is only rated for 36ish lbs/min. More timing allows for more of a complete burn and create the highest cylinder pressures (tq) but the turbo is going to be capped off when it hits its flow wall. E85 doesn't give you power, it enables you to get the most of what your setup can do due to the limit of "91" octane. Its not going to make a 16G flow anymore air than it can. Not to burst your bubble but, an EVO8 with a EVO9 16G (alot bigger and flows a ton more than our 16G's) on E85, with cams, tuned by Scott Gray here, barely cut 398whp. A 16G, not even a Evo3, in a DSM is not going to touch 400, especially in a 7CM^2 housing. A 50 trim will get you to 400whp, I've done it on 110octane, e85 should yield the same results. It got to 380whp easy, at that point, it was pull after pull, finding little small 3hp, 1hp, 2hp here and there to cut the 400 number and the guys' clutch let go. If it weren't for that, I'm pretty sure the trans wouldn't of took it much longer. DSM trannys in stock form are made of glass, built, they are thicker glass.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

EVOIII16g 447AWHP 509 ft. lbs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got my internally gated 16g to make these numbers so far. Just E-85 and some pretty basic mods. 16g's rock I really wanna see what some other guys have been able to make on their evoIII's. And I wanna see Kurt Browns dyno Graph. Wanting to know if I hold the record for Torque By the way all this was on a dyno jet dyno by English Racing.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthrea ... 6g+numbers

I need to talk to this guy, and see what he is doing, but I think E85 has more of an effect than what we are talking about above.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:01 am
Talon of Doom

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

There's some guy on tuners RJ was telling me about that hit 10's on a t25. Turbo's aren't magical creatures that bend the laws of thermodynamics. It's just part of the many components working in your engine.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:53 pm
Quagmire

^^^Yes but that car is built for nitrous. It has a 150 shot out of the hole.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]