[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - DSMLink "lite"
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
DSMLink "lite" 
DSM Regular

Post Re: DSMLink "lite"
I believe ECM v3lite is only for EVO 1-3 ECU.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:33 am
frank the tank

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Lite is just like V2. Sliders only. V3 has two sides to it, the standard stuff, and the Direct access stuff. Direct access is all the load based timing and fuel maps.
Dont know if I already stated it. Lite is just the same exact thing as V2 as far as features plus a bag o chips like no reset with battery disconnect, faster logging, usb native cable. Other than that, It offers nothing that V3 does (SD, direct acess, map switching, GM maf native)

All wrapped up, Its V2 for 300 bucks. That is all.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
frank the tank

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:17 pm
Profile YIM
Squish Face

Looks like the lite version had sliders like v2 like sam already said, its good enough to tune most setups but IMO load based is the way to go like v3 has.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

There are guys running 42R's on V2. V2 was the shit back in the day a year ago. You have full control of timing, full control of fuel, full control of maf compensations. Its just the same thing as V2, with a side order of fries and a coke.
With Full V3 you get access to the the DA part of the ecu (load based stuff)

With lite, its just like V2, fuel sliders, timing sliders. You can adjust fuel as much as you want without it effecting your timing like an AFC, you can tune your timing however you want. Its only a 2D scale though, and the settings are only applied to WOT. Kinda like your AFC Hi settings. All the low throttle, fuel trim, cruise stuff is done in the MAF comp table which is also a 2d slider table. My gripe with this is all the high partial, the 5~9psi stuff will just feel like low throttle. You have no mid throttle power. The car feels like an on off switch. Like going to pass someone on the freeway you either go WOT or dont pass at all. Racing scenario, same car, same tuner, basic no extra fancy footwork like vtec. Tuned by either the sliders or direct acess 3d tables, if your car is hitting 11:1 AFR and 12* of timing, its going to make the same power. Both set ups will run the same time same trap speed. Only thing is V3 has mid throttle, you can do fancy footwork vtec, map switching, SD, GM MAF.

All wrapped up:
No tuning solution - You hungry
AFC -McDouble
So V2 - Big Mac
Lite - Big Mac combo small
V3 Full - Big Mac Combo supersized, cookies and mcflurry.
Evo8 ECu - Grill your own Burger meal
AEM EMS - Big Mac Combo supersized, cookies and mcflurry, Mcnuggets, McChicken, and everything else on the McDonalds menu( most of the shit you wont even eat)
Ostrich/Jakal/DSMAP - Big Mac

So ask yourself, how hungry are you.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Official Photographer

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 am
Profile WWW

damn, new years resolution. haha. only a mcdouble for me

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:50 am
Goderator

Your knowledge of McFood is uncanny.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:45 am
Talon of Doom

Surprisingly, all I ever order from there is McNuggets

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

I think Lite is a great place to start, especially considering you can upgrade it to the full version later if you feel the need.

My car ran great on v2 every day. I didn't notice part throttle issues, but that's probably just because I haven't ridden in a DSM with the full v3. I'm pretty anal about my tune being as good as it can be, and I didn't have any gripes.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:53 pm

So would the EVO 8 ECU be better then the ECUlink V3 full version? Im at that point where I need something to better tune my car, Im just not sure what. I know the 97-99 ECUs can be flashed now, should I get that?

Still have stuff for sale: 1G TB and 2 1G TPS sensors, thumbnail spoiler, stock cams, 2GA stock headlight. Make me an offer!

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:06 am
Squish Face

I would say link lite us up to par with a 98-99 flashable ecu. They both use load based maps that u tune and both are relatively inexpensive. I'm bias towards the evo ecu route because that's what I run and I honestly can't see myself going back to a dsm ecu. I've messed with link lite a bit and its not bad for what u pay.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

Cool. I want DSMLink, Ill probably just get the full version, but Ill have to wait a bit.

Still have stuff for sale: 1G TB and 2 1G TPS sensors, thumbnail spoiler, stock cams, 2GA stock headlight. Make me an offer!

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3