[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - don't know what happened
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
don't know what happened 

Post don't know what happened
Between shutting it off last night and trying to drive it this morning but everythings running wierd.

So I tried driving to dland today and my car starts up kinda shakey idles alittle wierd but stays between 750 and 900 so I don't think much of it. Pull out of my drive way and car drives fine untill I hit 2k and then it starts bogging and stuttering. So I grab my logger and hook it up start driving again and same thing happens. Right when I hit 2k I get like 50 counts of knock and timing gets all crazy.

So I drive home and pop the hood only to see my trans backed away from the engin a good inch and a trans bolt missing so I put a new one in and tighten it all up. Try driving again still same thing even in neutral will rev to 4k then knock and break up.

So I don't know what it is any ideas?

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:53 pm

Post Re: don't know what happened
what i'm curious about is....why is your tranny held onto the engine with only one bolt?

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:26 pm

the top 2 bolts were still there the bottom one by the slave was gone

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:54 pm
Goderator

Still, there's only three?

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:15 pm

You forgot the ever important bolt behind the transmission above the transfer case. You will destroy your clutch in minutes if all bolts are not installed and torqued. As for your engine issue, check your maf plug and all your IC couplers to make sure they are in order. Do you hear any noises coming from the engine? Are you still driving around town with a huge pile of nuts and bolts sitting in your valve cover???

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:16 pm
Profile WWW

No I took all the stuff off the valve cover lastnight befor I left. I'm gonna check the maf plug and everything else tomorrow I ran out of daylight today putting the new slave on had to grind some of the motor mount bracket away

Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:57 am

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:55 am
Profile WWW

Haha yea I'm guessing so

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:34 am

well i figured out my problem my timing is way fucked up so im gonna have to redo my timing belt and probably replace valves heres some pics of my timing and a pic of my motor mount i had to grind away to clear the slave

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/a7xrules/th_IMG00010.jpg[/img]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/a7xrules/th_IMG00011.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/a7xrules/th_IMG00012.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/a7xrules/th_IMG00013.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/a7xrules/th_IMG00008.jpg[/IMG]

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:50 pm

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]