[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - so I'm gonna go speed density
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
so I'm gonna go speed density 

Post so I'm gonna go speed density
After much research and thought and looking at my wallet I decided to go for the speed density route if anyone....(clint) can help me out with info for me to study I'd much appreceate it

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:08 pm

Post Re: so I'm gonna go speed density
LOL, get ready to do a LOT of reading. It's cheap and effective, but you really have to know your shit. You might have trouble getting the software for free though, b/c the developer has started charging for it unless you've been an active member on the forums.

go to http://www.ds-map.net for all the info. I think I have the software if you can't get ahold of it. The programmer of the software has gotten very good at making it user friendly (like link), but you have to read up to understand what you will be going.

BTW! He recently added logging to the software!!! No more need to have a different logger. You can log AND tune, run speed density, do load based tuning, plus all the bells and whistles like knock gauge, NLTS, studderbox, PK elimination, etc for FREE! Even if you have to buy the software its cheaper than other tuning solutions.

Good luck!

Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:00 am
Profile WWW

Yea I checked out dsmaps he said its gonna be like 100 for the version 2 but version 1 is still free and I can get by with version 1 for now I just need to get it running like stock so I can get around

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:50 pm

well finaly diving into this just orderd there map sensor and his new logger cable today so hopfully i can get this baby going!

http://www.ds-map.net/ the logger cable is usb and only 35 bux

Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:51 pm

I'm really tempted to get one of those cables. Finally I could throw away my serial to USB adapter!!!

Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:56 pm
Profile WWW

yea ive been looking for a serial to usb adaper and cant find one localy and dont wanna wait for shipping then i went back to the dsmaps page and saw that there making them now for cheep they also have 4 bar map sensors for 30 bux

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Go for it man, it is a very cheap/effective route, I've been running SD with Jackal since last Sunday. I've had almost no time to tune and the car feels stronger than ever on pump gas. I'm waiting for my LC1 wideband setup so I can get everything dialed in. The aem uego gauge i have now doesn't match the readings on the logger (known issue). I scored the Ostrich emulator, gm 3bar map & IAT all for $215 from a member on ds-map that put his car back to stock. All you have to do is register on the board and you can download the free version from the release candidate thread. If not, I have a copy of the newest release and ostrich drivers I can get to you. I loaded the 2.0 base map, set my injector size and it fired right up on the first try.

It's awesome that HAK made those usb logger cables, and cheap too!

10.67@126mph

Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:05 pm
Profile YIM

yea ive seen u on the dsm-map boards i got everything i need just need to block off the egr and get a iat sensor and bung welded in and im good to go. im waiting on my cable and map right now so as soon as i get everything together im good to ho. then hopfully when i get a yab i can afford some injectors and an afpr so i can slap on that holset 351. thinking of going with an air to water ic setup.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:26 pm
Talon of Doom

If you log the voltage and look up on "teh intrawebz" for a UEGO instructional PDF file. It has a chart to convert voltage values to AFR. And just log the voltage. Generally a good voltage is around .45v on the AEM's white wire.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:28 pm
Profile WWW

I already have a LC1 now and I'll be putting it in this weekend most likely. It's not right that AEM would sell a wideband and claim the controller to be linear when it's obviously not. Even with referencing the voltage to an AFR I'm not sure I trust it %100. Besides, I didn't spend $200 bucks for a wideband that is not going to log my AFR accurately, you know what I mean? It's BS. I Appreciate the info though and I'll definitely point it out to other folks who are still using the uego :)

10.67@126mph

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:43 pm
Profile YIM
Squish Face

Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:22 pm

The logger is actually programmable and i set the AFR for 0v as well as for 5v. I used the values straight off of the uego's pdf. Then I compare what shows on the gauge to the logger and they do not match. Anywho, good to hear it's working out for you guys :drinkers:

10.67@126mph

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:36 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]