[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Logging extra values
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Logging extra values 

Post Logging extra values

Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

I don't know about EGT in the logs. I use the Zeitronix analog output for the wideband signal to have DSMlink log it. And I taped into the boost sensor signal wire and put it on an available signal wire on my ecu. Similar to this diagram.

I don't know of a way to have DSMlink log EGT but it could very well be possible. I didn't mess with it because I know the signal from a K type thermocouple is very precise and in milli-volts so I don't want to tap into that wiring.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:42 pm
Profile YIM
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:24 pm

Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

For most of the available inputs you need link or something similar that will ignore the signal that is supposed to be there. Here is a list of potentially available 1G input wires running DSMlink.
1G ECU

EGR Temp Input (ECU Pin 15)
IAT Input (ECU Pin 8 ) - Requires GM MAFT w/Ignore IAT/Baro selected.
Baro Input (ECU Pin 16) - Requires GM MAFT w/Ignore IAT/Baro selected.
Front O2 (ECU Pin 4) - Only usable when “Open Loop” option is selected.
Park/Neutral switch (ECU Pin 104) – Available on MT ONLY. Used exclusively for clutch cut input.

Sorry I don't have more info on the ostrich and other things, but hey I try to know what I got. For some good info on DSMlink and what you can do with it check out the DSMlink wiki.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:13 pm
Profile YIM
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:35 pm

Ah, thank you very much! Now it all makes sense. Looks like I have only 1 extra input on the ECU for what I want to do. Between wideband, boost, and EGT, I think wideband would be the most important to me.

After some looking I've found that the MMCD logging software has settings to convert the EGRT input to display readings for various MAP sensors or a wideband input (similar to how DSMLink does it). So, it looks like I'll be logging with MMCD and adding the wideband output from Zt-2 to the logs. Not a perfect solution, but it works for what I want to do.

I'm really excited to start tuning with the Ostrich. I'm going to start out by modifying the e931 Eprom code using TunerPro. Then I might move on to a speed density setup so I can eliminate the MAF. has pioneered a cheap speed density setup using the ostrich. Its basically uses a Map sensor and IAT sensor instead of the MAF, similar how AEM is setup.

Once I get going and have some results I'll gladly share them here. :D

Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]