[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Tuning AWD dsm on FWD dyno
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Tuning AWD dsm on FWD dyno 
DSM Regular

Post Tuning AWD dsm on FWD dyno
I went to a shop today and the mechanic told me he has tuned an awd dsm on a fwd dyno by welding the center diff and removing the tcase during the dyno. After he tuned it, he threw the tcase back on and it ran great. Granted it could not lose traction while on the dyno because it needed load for the tune to still work after the tcase and everything was back on.. It all seemed a bit weird.

Anyone heard of this?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Post Re: Tuning AWD dsm on FWD dyno
Just go to road race and talk to Sam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:40 pm

No disrespect to who ever tunes at that shop, but why would you go through the hassle of removing the t case and what not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:59 pm
Post Master

I've dynoed my car like this, basically because I had a hookup on free dyno time with a 2WD dyno. I didn't weld my center diff, I used a viscous coupling eliminator, but the end of the trans has to come apart to install it, and the t-case and driveshaft have to come off. It's a pain in the ass, and totally not worth it, plus your dyno #'s are different because you're only in FWD

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:07 am
DSM Regular

+1 RRE /Sam

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:37 am
DSM Regular

I'm not gonna have them tune it but I wanted to know if others have heard of this.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:13 pm
DSM Regular

Never have ...don't kno why sum 1 would do this??

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:03 pm

10.67@126mph

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:45 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]