[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Out playing with the first tank of Ethanol for the spring.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Out playing with the first tank of Ethanol for the spring. 
No More 2.3L

Post Out playing with the first tank of Ethanol for the spring.
I just put the first tank of E85 in my car for the spring up here in NY. Unfortunately the content is only E70 but it is still pretty fun. Here is a screen shot from working on a rough street tune tonight. The timing was accidentally set way to high and it still only knocked a bit. I lowered the timing but didn't do any more pulls since I need to get some sleep before work tomorrow. I also need to figure out why the boost tapers off, I'm sure it is the gain setting or something on the Profec 2.

All in all the GSX is pulling god damn hard. Which is good because I have a friendly race with a slightly modded 2008 GT-500 coming up soon.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:11 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Post Re: Out playing with the first tank of Ethanol for the sprin
looks fun!

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am
Profile WWW

24 degrees of timing!? LOL

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
Quagmire

75% duty cycle??? what inyectors you have???

And.....slightly modded GT500??? pulley and tune?

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:09 am
No More 2.3L

Yeah, as stated the timing was an accident, I was adjusting the direct access tables and I forgot there was already an adjustment in the ECU Config area. Good thing I was also running a little bit richer than normal at 12.1:1 instead of 12.5:1.

I have RC 1200cc injectors, they are pretty much perfect for right around 400-450 on ethanol and they still let my car idle on 93 when it was 14* out this winter in NY.

And the GT-500 has an upper pulley and tune as well as suspension upgrades. I need to run him now because after we finish training here he is going to get the bottom pulley, headers, and a tubular k-member (to drop the engine so the bigger blower will fit soon).

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:59 am
Profile YIM
No More 2.3L

I'm in trouble, we haven't run yet but yesterday me and my friend went for back to back rides in each others cars. His Shelby is a beast and pulled up to about 140mph like nobodies business. On the same section of track I started misfiring at about 130 in 4th. I really need to dial in my tune better and maybe try out a set of BPR8ES's.

My only hope it to run from a dig and make it a short race.

-Mike W

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:55 pm
Profile YIM
Quagmire

Unless he has slicks. Mustangs can fit a 15" rim with a nice fat slick!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:21 pm
No More 2.3L

Luckily he does not own slicks :)

-Mike W

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:53 pm
Profile YIM
frank the tank

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Tue May 01, 2012 9:18 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]