[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Is my speed sensor going out?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Is my speed sensor going out? 
No More 2.3L

Post Is my speed sensor going out?
My car has been having mild drivability issues getting going from a dead stop in normal traffic. You can see from the logs that I am playing with my throttle a good bit trying to keep the car driving smooth. My question is the log of speed, it jumps suddenly and then goes down and there is not an AWD burnout involved. This happens about 2/3s of the time that I have logged it. Here is a screenshot picture and I have attached two logs. Could this be a faulty speed sensor that is affecting my drivability?

Here are two logs that show it happening.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:22 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Post Re: Is my speed sensor going out?
I only see the sudden step there at teh beginning. But the VSS doesnt play into ignition timing or fueling. It does however play a roll in your speed limiter selection whether its re normal limiter, 2step or 3step.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Thanks Sam, Dave got back to me on the link forums. My concern was that speed played into the load factor but it doesn't.

I think my biggest problem is that the rings are shot on my engine again. My leak down test confirmed it so I guess with Tax returns I will be having JAM in Maryland rebuild my short block.

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:05 pm
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

O_O?? dead again?? I was super conservative on that last mapping figuring you'll be all over north america with who know what kind of fuel.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

I don't think it was the tune. I think something is just wrong with the engine. The only common parts between the two are the crank and rods, I'm going to have JAM really check them out. I could see if the crank isn't perfectly straight or something it would put crazy side loads on the pistons.

-Mike W

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:25 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]