[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - FIC injectors suck ass.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
FIC injectors suck ass. 
Talon of Doom

Post FIC injectors suck ass.
I just thought I put that out there for people who are enticed to buy these cus they are big and cheap. They don't scale for shit. And I've seen a few die.
What I mean by not scaling at all, I did a set where you figure the math for the global setting and put it in and its 26% too rich. I take 20% away and the car leans out and dies. Add the 20% back in and its too rich. Take out 1% at a time and for a few % it doesn't even budge. Then all of a sudden 1% makes like 15% change in fueling. POS. Don't buy it.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:06 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: FIC injectors suck ass.
Thanks for the heads up because I was planning on getting some of these once I upgarde my denso 660's. If my tuner says they suck, then they suck.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 pm
No More 2.3L

You gotta post this when I am about to unload my 1150's.

But seriously I wouldn't sell them to anyone because I suspect that perhaps the injector in cylinder 2 malfunctioning may have helped to kill my engine.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:08 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

do you have any experience with messing with Injector dynamic injectors?

1991 tsi awd stock bottom end w/ 2g head, kiggly springs, HKS 272's, RC1200's, shep4, QM twin, fp manifold, full megan exhaust, hx35 in bep housing, ets 4" fmic, BJ'sSMIM, Tial bov, tial 41mm, v3 ecmlink SD, 30psi, E85, 99 problems and this Bitch is one

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:18 pm
Squish Face

RC and Denso all the way 8)

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:16 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

I have personally never had a problem with an FIC injector.

My set of FIC 950s which I recently retired to go bigger, have over 50,000 miles on them and had NEVER been cleaned. I flow tested them at work and they were within 2.5% of each other, and I tested them repeatedly at varying pulsewidths (idle test, 25% at 5000 rpm, 50% at 8000 rpm, 100% IDC etc). This is quite impressive considering the mileage, and the fact that they've been on E85 for the last 10k miles or so. They did have some of the buildup associated with running E85 but didn't affect the operation of the injectors. They have been over 90% IDC hundreds of times (causing them to stick open, as any injector will do) but they always immediately close and still work great.

Also, Tom/Dave from DSMLink forums said the new FIC2150cc injectors are the best they have ever used. I have tuned and dealt with countless cars with FIC injectors and never heard of an issue.

That's just my experience though, not to say that some of them may or may not have issues or be defective. I'm sure that if you have an issue with a set, they'd be happy to take care of you.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:13 pm
Goderator

How's your new internship at FIC, Beau?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:31 pm
DSM Regular

Haha, I know right? That's what I was thinking as I was writing the post. Seriously, I've never heard of complaints of FIC or ID injectors until now. Denso injectors stand out to me as the ones I've heard the most complaints about, mainly regarding consistency and deadtimes, but they're also a very old injector so that's expected to some extent.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:39 pm
Talon of Doom

In the last week I've dealt with two sets of FIC1250's Bluemax.

Both of them would not Idle near a 14.7:1 AFR with a 1200RPM idle.

And if I set things up so that the car would idle with a 12ish :1 afr, just free reving it up to 3K or so, AFRs will swing back and fourth from 11.9:1 to 21:1. The thing wouldn't settle anywhere near 14.7

I bet they would work fine on e85 because that drops em down 20% or so already. But on pump gas, these things can hold a stable AFR within 1:1. Pretty sure these will work fine WOT, but idle and driving, not so much. I've got a few logs of just trying to set it up to idle and free rev with a stable afr.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]