[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Finally changing things up for crappy 91oct
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Finally changing things up for crappy 91oct 
DSM Regular

Post Finally changing things up for crappy 91oct
Used to live out of cali with good old 93oct tuning for 11.5-11.8 AFR. Since i've started to drive the dsm more i think it'll be smart to adjust to the 91 crap. I've heard some guys on the forum say 10.5 is what they tune for. I've heard others say 10.8 is the prime AFR for 91 octane. I know 11.7 is not good for us in cali.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:42 pm
No More 2.3L

Post Re: Finally changing things up for crappy 91oct
Every car is different, my old setup liked 10.8:1 with 91 octane anything leaner and it was knock city. But like I said every engine is different, you just need to tune your car for what makes it happy. Start with 11:1 and see what happens.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:27 pm
Profile YIM
Squish Face

Anything around 11:1 is perfectly fine on 91, i never saw any advantages going from 11:1 to 11.5:1 and i don't believe there are any power differences on 91. I would say stick anywhere from 10.5 to 11.0 and see what the car likes.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

10.8:1 works pretty well, going up to 11:1 will maybe net another 5-10whp. Going up to 11.3:1 from there will probabaly net another 3whp. Not worth the gains IMHO. But then again Im the one at 12:1 AFR with 19* of timing.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:45 am
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:29 am
Profile WWW

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:13 am
DSM Regular

you know... the stuff with the good stuff. Not really 91 octane but it kinda has some of it. THE STUFF

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:35 am
Talon of Doom

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:08 am
Profile WWW

Ethanol. :yawinkle:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:40 pm
Talon of Doom

o__o!! A hunter sighting!!

Nope, I'm running 91 octane from 7/11 down the street.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:48 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

OH SNAP! SAMMY got called!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:45 pm