[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - HTA68 on E85
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
HTA68 on E85 
DSM Regular

Post Re: HTA68 on E85

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:18 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

O yea you live like 10 miles from there. I would totally go e85 then. Only other bitch to e85 is cold starts. I hates to idle on cold starts. Since I don't have an ISC or IAC i forget which one it is i have to give it gas for about a minute before it can have somewhat of an idle. E85 is well worth it though IMO. And Scott you sure you don't want to go E85. You saw the potential. We have basically the same set up to the "T". Except I have a PTE 50 trim and you have a FP Green. I would recommend getting something bigger than 1000cc IMO. I am about 91% IDC when i am about 47-48lbs/min. I think 1050 to 1150's would be a good choice depending on what turbo you decide to run and how much air you want to move.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:50 am
DSM Regular

With 1000cc+ bigger injectors i wonder how much more lbs/min i can flow with my set up. And still only use 91 octane. I'm only at 18lbs of boost flowing 43lbs/min. Hmmm, 1000cc injectors with 23lbs of boost on 91 octane sounds nice :mrgreen:

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:08 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

You can easily go 26lbs gofer. Push that thing man. I have my stock 7 bolt on about 24-25lbs on the 50 trim tuned to 12.2 with no knock. And I mash on that thing. Up the boost man.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:26 am
Talon of Doom

I see bench racing...
You going to the track Corey? Think you can step up to that asshole Sam and walk him? I heard he beat you pretty bad last time, on a 16G and 91 :lol: . Oh, well, I'll set up your car next friday so you can go out and kill that guy, finally make him do his turbo swap.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Dam you guys are crazy im only flowing 3.4 lb/min at 27psi on a gt3255e :shock:

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:30 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:10 pm
Profile WWW

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:09 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Like a tweeker hiding his habit, using meth without saying so. :mrgreen:

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:15 pm
DSM Regular

Damn, I haven't been back to this thread in a minute... I came back to it just updating everyone on the dyno news. First things first, don't question Sam about how much hp your base run is going to put down. Since my HP/TQ readings in link were logging anywhere between 380/430 I said 360, Nick said 355 (I think), & Sam of course being skeptical said 341 to the wheels. After the first pull it did 342... :prayer:
We noticed that after the first two pulls coolant was all over the ground, and on the 3rd one we came to the conclusion that my head was lifting and pushing coolant. :roll: Sam got it at 352 awhp and the motor only seeing 22psi falling off to 19psi because of a boost leak in my FMIC.
I needed the car to drive back to San Diego so we pulled it off the dyno and I left RRE happy and disappointed. Happy because now I've got a good 7 bolt head to start building (THANKS A TON SAM) and a new FMIC setup getting dropped off on my doorstep tomorrow morning to fix the FMIC boost leak. Sad, more worried actually, that my car was actually broken and would be down for awhile but luckly the head only lifts under boost so I'm crossing my fingers it lets me DD it until the end of the month when the built head will be ready to drop on.

Next time this things up on RRE dyno I have faith Sam will be able to get it close to 400 and with that built head 28 to 30psi is what I'm planning on running. Thanks for staying late and hanging out Nick, that Monster kept me up on the drive back to SD since I didn't leave until 5:30am. Sam, your a bad ass and I can't thank you enough for helping me...

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:28 am
Profile WWW

Damn corey that suxs about the head lifting but what made it give by the way.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:32 am

Good luck with getting everything done! I wish I could have stayed to help with the cleanup but I really had to go to get some sleep for work. I still say if the head wasn't lifting and the core wasn't leaking that my number would have been quite close for baseline haha

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Sucks to hear about the head, i was too tired to stick around longer but at least i saw where the numbers were headed before i left.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Your welcome. ^__^

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next