[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - LC-1 Install Questions w/ Diagrams
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
LC-1 Install Questions w/ Diagrams 
Goderator

Post Re: LC-1 Install Questions w/ Diagrams
Why do you want your rear 02 sensor to still be connected when Sam told you it's not needed to pass smog?

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:59 am
DSM Regular

If for some reason I can't get my palm to work, I want the car to still be able to pass smog on it's own. It's just a back up plan.

David.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:11 pm
Squish Face

The rear o2 doesn't matter dude if you have link and you can disable it then it wont matter if its connected or not. Either way it will NOT have any effect on smog.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Rear o2 has no control on the car at all. It does nothing but check to see if the cat is still working. Ie.
Cumbustion goes past the front o2 and a .85v is registered. The ecu sees this and registers this as rich and ajust fuel accoringly through fuel trims. At the same time, the rear o2 will register a lower value like .30 volts or so, and the ecu sees this and says "ok the cat is still working". BUT, if it sees a value equal to the front o2, it will register a p0420 code and say Cat is below threshold (think the cat is dead or gone). As far as smog goes, the front o2 controls closed loops fueling to keep it close to stoich. And the rear o2 only checks the value after the cat to make sure its lower than the front but does nothing towards fuel control. SO if you have no rear o2, disable the cel for it, the car will still pass smog, (if your tune is good and front o2 works).

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Ok, guys I get what your saying. I completely understand what you are saying.

If you take out the sensor it will through a CEL (either for cat effeicienty or O2 heater). So you can turn that off in DSMLink. But if you tell DSMLink to not check for the O2, then it won't complete the readiness monitors required for smog. So that Is why I have the Palm. So remove the O2, uncheck the O2 check in Link, and run palm to set the monitors to ready. Got it!!

However in the event my palm fails, or I lose it, etc. I can always just flip the switch and the ecu will get what i needs to "ready" the monitors until I get another palm, etc. That is why I installed the switch. That is the only reason why I installed it.

David.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:47 pm
Talon of Doom

a 95 ecu will never "ready" anyways.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

??? really ??? I had 3 of the 4 monitors ready with only like 100 miles on the car, before I disconnected the battery to work on the WB. The 4th one was the cat effiency monitor. That was the only one that had not set itself.

David.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:08 pm
Goderator

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:08 pm
Squish Face

Seriously like sam and christ said, its better to make your life and car LESS complicated. More stuff you wire up more chances that wiring will eff up and cause some other bugs later on.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

95 ecu's well set the monitors to pass smog, my 97 with a 95 and link set all the monitors after driving 100 miles. You dont have to have all the monitors set to pass.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:05 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:52 am
DSM Regular

well thats not true either....because that ecu came out of my 95 in stock form and passed smog with monitors set before it had link in it.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 am
Goderator

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:24 am
DSM Regular

Im aware of the MLS bug with 95 ecu's and also aware of the problems with setting the monitors, my 97 had the same issue with not setting monitors wich 97 ecu's were also known for that problem. Im Just saying that not "all" 95 ecus have a hard time setting monitors. My friends bone stock 95 gst with a 95 eprom ecu passed as well with monitors set.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:00 pm
DSM Regular

Ok, good news bad news.

The Bad news, I think my WB sensor is dead. I did buy the unit used. But I keep getting error codes on the LC-1 (Error 4 and error 8). So i looks like I will need a new sensor for the LC-1.

The Good News, the DSMLink/palm combo worked. I told the ecu to ignore the O2, I set the monitors and I passed smog today. Yeah!!! The HC's were a bit high at idle, so most likely the car is running a bit lean. But I can tune that once I replace my sensor.

Thanks for all the help guys.

David.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next