[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Not running so good! Help?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Not running so good! Help? 
DSM Regular

Post Not running so good! Help?
I just installed FIC650's, AFPR, and did a 255-rewire. Now that car doesn't run so good. It's running really rich and just at idle it chugs like it's fighting for something it's not getting.
The AFPR is base 45 which i know has to be 43.5 and I changed the Injectors on my DSMLINK. Global to 30.9 and the DET to 315 (these are the numbers that was one the LINK when I got it, I hadn't had the injectors yet so I took note of the numbers and zero'd them out for the stock450's). Car ran and idled just fine before I put these in!

Just trying to figure out what steps I need to do to get my car running semi decent! I have DSMLINKv3 but am not educated on how to work it quite yet!
Thanks
Ashton

Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:41 pm
Talon of Doom

Post Re: Not running so good! Help?
The AFPR was set with the the vacuume line disconnected right? Another way to set it is to turn on the pump manually with link (in the MISC tab) and set the afpr. 45psi should be fine. So you have a wideband? If so, where are your afr's when its trying to idle. If not, take a look at your front O2 sensor values. It should not be stuck at .2v (or close) and the same for the other way, should not be stuck at .8V or higher. It should fluctuate up and down. This will give you an idea of what the issue is.

If anything, record a log (f12) with the key on(dont start the car, just have the key on and record), step on the gas to the floor and release. Do it 2 or three times. Start the car and keep it on somehow for a minute or so. Then rev it up to 2500RPM and hold it there for 30~45 sec or so. Press f12 again, and then go File>save as> and save it. Email it to me at sam@roadraceengineering.com. I should be in the shop later tomorrow, and check out the log. I'll either figure out if there is something wrong with your fuel system install or your link settings.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:20 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Oh thank you so much! I definatly need someone who knows how to do it! Im gonna replace the 0-rings on the injectors today, because They are leaking and I know that is part of the problem cause the fuel that is leaking is not getting into the cumbustion chamber and that's why it's cluggin, I didn't notice the leak at first! So im gonna replace both those seals put them back in and try it! Regardless I will log the activity and send it to you as soon as I can.

Thanks again for the help
Ashton

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:49 am
Squish Face

Be sure to use fic's seals since oem style seals won't seal up correctly and will prob leak.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]