[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Dont know if I should be like SWEET!! or DAMNIT!!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Dont know if I should be like SWEET!! or DAMNIT!! 
Talon of Doom

Post Dont know if I should be like SWEET!! or DAMNIT!!
AEM has got me as a guinnea pig for the up coming AEM EMS Series2 Box. Today, they fiddled around with my car some more to make sure it all works as it should. I'm going to be playing with it and testing it in the field tonight and tomorrow. Friday we will be playing with it some more on the dyno. Dunno if I'll get to keep it as of now, but I'm getting a little wet in the panties to get to play around with this thing. I like tooning I guess, but its a love hate relationship. Got my car running damn tits on V3 currently, just down so perfect I dont even have to log or tune or make any changes. Just drive it like a normal car.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Post Re: Dont know if I should be like SWEET!! or DAMNIT!!
AEM EMS FTMFW!! :drinkers:

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Make it run even more tits and maybe add a second set of injectors for shits and giggles.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:39 am
Profile YIM

i think you shoud demand to keep it haha ur risking your hard work on that engine u built its the least they can do :)

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:07 pm
Talon of Doom

If I do, Im going to get 4 new injector bosses/holders. Run a 2nd fuel systems, and rock Vtec in a sic way.
Just got the beta software from the AEM guys today, going to play around a bit with the calibration file. And do some tweaker hacking on the way home. Also supposed to be getting some test twin disk soon.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Squish Face

450cc vtec injectors would be badass.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Im thinking 560cc primary injectors for cruise and idle. 1600cc secondary for top end. Stick to my normal vtec sauce setup. Have the option of running e85 if I want with total flow of 2160cc ^_^

Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:14 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:17 pm
Squish Face

Dam I didn't even think of that, that would be pretty bitchin. Idle like stock and have more top end fuel than u can handle!

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:02 pm
Profile WWW

I was just talking to Wes about a setup identical to that that was written about in a SCC magazine a few years ago. It was an MR2, and he had 2 fuel rails, pumps, and tanks (one tank and one fuel cell). One fuel system was 87 octane, and the other was...I don't remember...probably race gas. Anyway, he used the 87 for idle cruise and would transition to the other system as boost came on. He pointed out that there was no problems w/ the transition b/c he had a big turbo which made for a slow/smooth transition as boost would build.

I don't remember what he used to control it.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

The new series 2 allow for 12 injector drivers. I can do all that and run 4 more injectors for Vtec sauce. But, I'd run out of room on the manifold.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:45 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

HX-40 on Ethanol

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:49 am
Talon of Doom

Been playing with AEM EMS for a bit now. Built m base timing and fuel maps.
My biggest gripes are.

Tables both fuel and timing, you can set a range for min/max or higg/low to display it in different colors. So lets say your car can only do 40* of timing max under any circumstances. I would like to set that as max. And lowest timing will be 0 and let that be minimum. So on the table the lower colors closer to 0 will be a cooler color ie blue, and higher numbers will have a hotter color ie red. Everything is green/yellow. Its like AEm software min/max is stupid extreme. What motor will ever run 100* of timing.

2nd. The fuel map. You can change fuel values from Duty Cycle, Injector on time, or RAW. NONE OF THESE HELP YOU WITH A GOOD IDEA OF WHERE THE FUEL IS GOING TO BE!! Duty cycle is the only thing that I can get a good idea of how much fuel I'm dumping. Injector time and RAW means jack shit to me, my mind doesn't compute the numbers, I cant apply it to whats going on in the real world. What they should use is AFR, but I can see why not. AFR will change with several factors/ ie fuel pressure, and VE of a motor. So you have to look at the fuel maps more like a VE table than a fuel map. The less you use boost comp, the more fuel tables will look like a VE table, the more you use boost comp, the flatter the fuel map will be. Everyone rants and raves about boost comp like its Jesus's Man sauce on a loaf of bread, I still think its a piece of shit. Like Honda Vtec bull shit. I haven't been impressed by it, but then again, I haven't given it the chance yet, due to not having time to do some real tuning. I've been working on the calibrations on my desktop at home and work. Load it with a laptop and drive a bit and tweak some more on the desktop. Haven't had a chance to do some full runs and make some tweaks with the laptop.

It offers Nitrous Control so I can use that as my Vtec sauce controls, but I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do a map switch fail safe like I already do in link. It offers Knock control that allows for timing and fuel adjustment by percentage. It works I guess...sorta primitive, I'd rather have a second timing/fuel map to switch to and power up and output to drop boost if it knocks. I'm sure it can do it, you can set a million different parameters, yes/no checks, if X then Y scenarios. But I got a long way to go still to figure all that out. The basic one fuel tuning I've got down, pretty easy, but doing the fancy footwork that I do in Link, I've still got to work on in EMS. Anyone can learn to tune, but the clever tricks, knowledge of the software, hardware, sensors, motor and how it all works together to make power is what makes you good. This is what I've got so far, A lot is based off my DSMlink maps (mainly timing) and fuel is litterally a crap shoot. Played with some start up calibrations, idle calibrations to get to to start and idle better than the AEM guys left me with.

The few things I like about EMS, is breakpoint setting. You can set where you tune RPM wise and load wise. Most tuning platforms go at 500RPM increments, you can set it to what you want (sorta AFC like with the NEO points) so you can add more resolution where you need it (like peak torque area or where your more likely to blow shit up) I also like how finely you can adjust things. Like in timing, you make changes .35* at a time. Just damn tits. No knock at 10*? but knock at 11*? Try 10.35* or 10.7* !! haha, make a little more power.

Other think that pisses me off is how many break points you get. You can set them to whatever you want, but there still is a limited number of them. (actually less points than Link) As far a load breakpoints there is one less than link so I lose resolution between 17 to 34 psi. (gay eh?) I can probably drop the resolution between 10 to 17 and get more between 17 to 34. But we'll see how it runs like this. If I need to, then I will.

There you go. Stay tooned for more if you want to learn anything about EMS.
Here's a screen shot of what I got so far. And to jaymer- VTEC!!

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Squish Face

That looks pretty cool, i'd like to maybe do some ems learning someday after i learn everything i need to know about stock ecu tuning. One question for you is on the screen shot you posted is the load axis solely based on manifold pressure? If so couldn't you look some of your link logs and look at your rpm, psi, and idc to get a jumping point for your fuel tables?

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Actually, I can....Good thinking Gus. That'll give me a good start. I can start with my old logs on 560cc injectors without Vtec sauce, dial that in, rescale the map for 750cc's and I'll be pretty close. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to incorporate Vtec.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next