[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 2g awd
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
2g awd 

Post 2g awd
So I have this awd that was making a nasty sound and locking rear diff up. After replacing diff the sound went away but a new one appeared and more. Sounds like the driveshaft is falling apart and tcase went would as well!!! When turning vehicle, it struggles at turning radius. Then on first gear only sounds like crunching metal but other gears sound goes away. Now driving period u hear driveshaft and when flooring it gsx shakes and struggles to go through the rpms. I'm trying to assess the problem and will lift gsx up tomorrow. Anyone had this happen to them before or have n ideas what I should look for? Chassis does have 241k rear sub frame mounts and control arms have been replaced. I'm thinking maybe the u joints or driveshaft. But forsure I need a new tcase.

Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:19 am

Post Re: 2g awd
Never had or heard of other guys here having drive train issues. What did you that made the original noise? Or it just a happened out of no where?

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:32 pm
No More 2.3L

Mine made some terrible noises and vibration when I broke two of the u joints in the drive shaft.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:34 pm
Profile YIM

Bought the car with bad rear diff. Noise is minimal bad yeah tcase is forsure bad. I'll check the u joints driveshaft might be bad then.

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:21 pm
No More 2.3L

Sounds like it might have a few problems, let us know what you find when you get under it and check things out. Also for the turning radius comment does it have a welded center diff? With mine welded the car tends to drag the back end through slow speed tight turns such as getting into and out of parking spaces.

As for the drive shaft, inspect your cross shafts. This is one of the ones I broke, if you have this going on then it should be pretty obvious but the other broken cross shaft was only bent and not completely sheared off. I didn't notice it until I replaced this one and the drive shaft continued to vibrate violently.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:44 am
Profile YIM

Check those u joints. I have spare rear diff from Wes' car if you wanna use it.
I don't have a extra transfer case though.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:31 pm
DSM Regular

Dude.... Get that Tcase swapped out ASAP or stop driving that shit. I had my tcase lock up in my old 2g on the freaking freeway at 75mph. It locked the rear wheels and i did a 180 across three whole lanes. How i didnt hit anyone or anything is beyond belief, but yeah bad drivetrain components are no joke to be driving on.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Thanks guys for the response btw!! Well appreciated.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]