[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Eclipse GSX '99 Build
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Eclipse GSX '99 Build 

Post Eclipse GSX '99 Build
So after owning 24 vehicles(sporty mostly, ae86's, eg6's, 240sx, crap load of 2g dsm awd's, three eclipse spyder's, two evo ix's, altima '13, etc... to many!!)

In between those i have kept only one and that is my 1999 GSX! I bought it back in '09 with 81k i think it was, for $1300!!! What a steal!!!
All it needed was spark plugs! Seriously went to Autozone and got it running the day i bought it and drove off without previous owner finding out!!! Then i realized i didn't even bother checking if it was awd! :doh So i pulled over to the shoulder of the 5fwy got off and saw that diff :shock: that made me yell F*** Yeah!! flip every person off on the fwy of joy then went home and started the next day :D Image
Did the basic mods fmic, full exhaust(used my evo 9 hks exhaust system slight modification) fp special 68hta free fp manifold and fuel pump.
Then i bought Kelford 272 cams with kelford spring and retainers beehive kit
Then temps when up thanks to fp manifold at Willow Springs :( over heated like crazy surprised i'm still running stock head gasket today!!! Knock on wood. So i cut the hood and shorty after added the RRE vent
temps reduced A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once that was settled i got these bad boys from Christ gracias!Image
Also installed Evo IX steering wheel
Shortly after i got tuned by the good o mighty Sam, results were 380whp 345tq on a conservative tune!!! Here are more pics with different wheels
Image Went through talon phase
Image This is what a 380whp looks like :mrgreen:
And alway working on it
I'll keep you guys updated still have a lot of parts laying around for her...
Has a sweet system for those interested in stealing it :wink:

Last edited by whitegsx97 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:17 pm

Post Re: Eclipse GSX '99 Build
Sweeeeet :)

Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:17 pm

As of right now it's currently not running due to broken two trannies now and twin disk gave out :bang: :bang:

Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:57 pm

time for a built trans. i like how close to stock the engine bay looks.

2003 Yamaha R6

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:21 pm
Official Photographer

Beautiful car

Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:11 pm
Profile WWW

When I say the first pic I was going to tell you to change the wheels but then realized it was an old photo ;-)

I like that vent you and Wes have. I may do that down the line to my GSX. How much did it run you?

Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:27 pm

Thanks guys, I think the hood scope was $50 I can remember honestly. Total under $100 though

Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:35 am

Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:38 am

Seriously!!! Good for those fp manifold owners out there.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Found a tran's mission guys!!!! Thanks to BONE STOCK Alvin!!lol Hopefully tonight gsx will be back on the road!!!

Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:56 am
N00b

Sexy engine bay , really digging the stealth look it has to it, so you hit those numbers on an oem head gasket ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:32 am

Yes oem headgasket head has never left the block since assembly in 1998.lol

Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:57 am

Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:41 pm
Profile YIM
N00b

Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:44 pm