View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Need HELP with 2 different problems. 
DSM Regular

Post Need HELP with 2 different problems.
first problem.

I got tired of fit-tiling with the oem infinity radio, (it would work when ever it wanted to). I went ahead and bought a pioneer 150hd from best buy with a metra conversion harness so I could run the stock amp. I went ahead and soldered it all up, and connected it. it works sounds but baffled, I suck at radio wiring and set ups, so is there anyway to change the settings on the radio for it to work with my stock amp.

second problem.

after a week of driving the 2g 40 miles both ways, it began to throw a code P0700 transmission control System (MIL Request). I recently just put new atf oil, and it shifts all gears smoothly 1-4 down shifts properly, and kicks over drive when pressed. I read obn forums that 2gs sometimes throw that code for no apparent reason. Is there a reason for it if all functions correctly.

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD
1993 Eclipse GS - SOLD (I MISS MY 1G)

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Post Re: Need HELP with 2 different problems.
oman the stock infinity system is a pos if u want to run the amp with aftermarket stuff. I think there is a adapter you can buy. I always by passed the amp. drove me crazy. I know its all over tuners to wire it properly

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:27 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

thanks bro, just pull all that stuff out. I did get the adapter but the radio i got only has rca plugs for a sub box to it sounds jacked up with the stock amp.

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD
1993 Eclipse GS - SOLD (I MISS MY 1G)

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:53 pm

On your stereo go to your settings and look for the PREOUT menu make sure it says REAR and not SUB WOOFER. You can find that setting either while the stereo is on or on standby give me a call dude so i can walk you through it. My gfs dad and I just installed a stereo and speakers on my brothers spyder and we had the same issue but he figured it out since hes good at installing stereos. He installed the stereo using the factory amp.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]