[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 95 GSX DD restoration build
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
95 GSX DD restoration build 
DSM Regular

Post 95 GSX DD restoration build
what up guys. I just recently purchased this diamond in the rough, since i wont be able to dd the evo any more, and still want to be in something similar but subtle. In the meaning i wouldn't go crazy sitting in the California bumper to bumper traffic :banghead:. I plan on having this car 100% og stock; so sorry for you speed freaks :nono:. just a nice reliable GSX DD:hellyeah:

here is my evo build thread if you guys want to check it out

here we go

the first day i went to check it out.

yes the wheel are coming off and searching for the oem wheels.

so far what i have done to the DD

the car came with no transmission / axles so all that jazz is in transit as we speak but aside from the obvious everything else looks in good condition.

don't judge the 2x4 was not my idea was already on the car when purchased

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD
1993 Eclipse GS - SOLD (I MISS MY 1G)

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:46 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: 95 GSX DD restoration build
here it is at my house after a couple of replacement parts and a good pressure wash

first on the list to go was the rear view mirror that was peeling.

so went to the local pick your part and found a couple parts that are replacing the old worn out ones.

along with these part i got the weather striping/ molding that goes over the door trim which was just cracked and not serving its purpose and replaced it with fresh rubber. no pics of this yet sorry

I also found a really well maintained center garnish 95 spec with the chrome lettering not peeled. pic to come soon .

I know the seats have seen way better days, but i will get them redone in the near feature once the car is all 100% mechanically.

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:46 pm
DSM Regular

small DIY/ repair

i just noticed this today after it was pointed out to me, and since its sat my day off and i have to take what ever time I have since i have kids and a wife and they take up most of my day.

difficulty level 2 out of 5
time duration: 30 min but depends on how bad the damage is.

tools needed heat gun and a round dull object to push against hot plastic.

disclaimer. i am not responsible for any damages you/ may occur to the object being repaired. this is for documentation purposes only. try at your own risk

and on to the pics

before

hold your heat gun 6" inches away on low heat centering around the damage area and slowly moving directly on the actual crease area for about 2-3 min.

around area.

directly on area

after area becomes soft, push from behind to pop the dent/ damaged area out. it still may look bad but we are not finished yet.

and after a little pushing with the dull object you get a little closer

a little more heating and pushing

and finally

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Awesome... Clean 2g.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Nice work. So far so good. The car looks clean. One step at a time.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:36 pm
DSM Regular

update 4/28

The car came with cheap old purple tint, so it had to go!.... MAN WHAT A PITA!

I used the steam method that I have used on my other vehicles but dam i have never gotten steam burned as much as i did on that day.

I just used a conventional/ home type steam iron for my suits.

update 5/1

I got my transmission in today and so far the trans look like its been rebuilt. I bought it off ebay so :/ lets see how well it works. it does come with a 6 month warranty. That's what gives me a bit of piece of mind.

It was a pain in the but pulling it off the freight company trailor that delivered it to my friends shop, and more of a pain to get it down from the back of my truck.

I never had a hard time sourcing a trans as much as i had with this one. These parts are getting harder and more expensive to get. I cut a deal with the ebay seller; I got the trans, transfer case and torque converter with shipping for 800.00. i know its a ton for a auto trans but no one had one, and after searching on the forums no one had one for sale until after I purchased mine I seen 2 pop up on the forums FML. desperate times call for desperate measures.

update 5/2

the day i picked up the trans from my friends shop that i it shipped to. the oil leaked out of the transfer case, my friend noticed it and told me to check the bearings in it because I don't think gear oil is suppose to glitter like that, ( Crap ) at the beginning i didn't want to believe it but it lingered in the back of my mind and didn't want a surprise in the future.

So i took apart the transfer case and ......

pieces came barfing out of it. moment of silence.... and then the vulgar, nasty, mother loving words came out. :bang:

I checked out the shaft and the bearing became one with the shaft. I tried to pull it off, Heating it off but no luck. I started to try to cut if off very carefully with a thin cutting wheel. but didn't get to far since it was dark out already

i might just end up taking it to a machine shop, so they can put it on a lathe and cut it down. I looked on jacks transmissions and they sell a kit to rebuild the T case.

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Fri May 02, 2014 11:38 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

No warranty on the transfer case? Just the trans?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Sat May 03, 2014 12:14 pm
DSM Regular

If you want oem rims, I have some extra. Tires are Damn near balls. But the rims are prefect.

Sun May 04, 2014 10:07 pm
DSM Regular

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Sun May 04, 2014 11:29 pm
DSM Regular

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Sun May 04, 2014 11:36 pm

good stuff. keep us updated

Tue May 06, 2014 9:46 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Long time since an update but lots has been done. :) MOD 14 here i come.

so after finding out that my transfer case was shot, I went ahead and got all the bearings with bearing seats and went to town on it. This thing was so over heated that the bearing welded it self to the shaft.

it was a pain in the behind and had to use almast every available tool in the shop to rip this thing off here is the carnage.

and here is the bearing in two pieces after 2 hours of cutting and bearing pullers. Finally! but doesnt look nice.

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Tue May 27, 2014 11:50 am
DSM Regular

after sanding down the burs and weld mark i got it somewhat low, this was after 45 min of just sanding it with a 1k grit sandpaper, and i spent about an hour in a half doing this. So it look 10X better than this just forgot to snap a picture

and the new bearing pressed in and ready to go back in the transfer case.

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Tue May 27, 2014 11:56 am
DSM Regular

while awaiting for my transmission axle seals from south coast mitsu dealer i picked up the oem swirls for the 2ga gsx model from a local LADSM forum.

I say the swirl look much better than the wheels that the car came with.

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Tue May 27, 2014 12:00 pm
DSM Regular

and finally after a few weeks waiting for parts, and a few hours installing this monster of a trans, it's in.

2003 Evo GSR - SOLD

Tue May 27, 2014 12:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next