[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Exhaust ticket
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Exhaust ticket 
DSM Regular

Post Exhaust ticket
A few days a go i got a ticket for:

no insurance-16028(A)
no front plate-5200(A)
modified exhaust −27151(A)

I got my insurance that same day, put on the front plate and borrowed a stock exhaust system.

This is my first ticket ever, so i asked around to see what i can do and I’ve been told that i can just go to any CHP station and get it written off. But i went today to the CHP station and told me to make an appointment with the state Ref.
Is there a way to avoid the Ref by just going to court or is my only way to get it taken care of it by going to the Ref?

MODs on the car:
FMIC
16g
knock off greddy BOV
intake filter
deleted emission lines on the intake mani

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:14 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

Post Re: Exhaust ticket
It doesn't have to be chp go to your local police dept and ask if they will do it. Last time I got an exhaust ticket it was non correctable and I just had to pay.

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:54 pm
DSM Regular

I was going to go to the police dept but i assumed they would of told me the same thing. Thanks Synthetek

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:57 pm
DSM Regular

Do a lot of dsmers experience this? (fix it tickets)

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Go to another station and try again. Don't go to a ref unless you got a ref ticket. That's like a crimnal who hasn't got caught walking into a police station

Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:17 pm
DSM Regular

I just went to La Puente PD and told me to got to CHP.(I live in industry). My next stop is West Covina PD

Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:44 pm
DSM Regular

Good Luck

Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Messing up at work and now on the road?! get it together moe!!

Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:54 pm

I don't bother with the PD. I always go to the CHP

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:51 pm
DSM Regular

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:00 pm

Just pay the ticket go to court.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Years ago I got hit for expired registration and loud exhaust. Sorted my reg and went to rio hondo college of the 60 to meet the ref and get my exhaust noise measured with a dB meeter. I was barely within the limit, so I went to court with a certificate from the ref and my new reg papers. Judge said case dismissed. Done. From what I hear it's harder to get reffed these days though b/c of gov't budget cuts or something.

Good luck.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:01 am
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

All exhaust tickets are more than likely a ref ticket now but unless your car is fully stock Id wouldnt bother trying to write it off you could maybe get a police station to write off the license plate and ins. Try the Pomona police station there pretty cool there . at court you would be able to do ins. but the exhaust just pay it.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:15 pm
Quagmire

did the officer put a ref sticker on the back of the ticket?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:07 pm
DSM Regular

No he did not put a ref ticket on the back, but he did mark it as a non correctable violation. I assume i can just pay it off?

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next