[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 2G Clutch Probs (new to DSM's)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
2G Clutch Probs (new to DSM's) 
N00b

Post 2G Clutch Probs (new to DSM's)
I'm new. I don't know much about DSM's. I got my 2G GST on trade for my old ZZR1200. I need help!! Please be patient with me :roll:

I just relocated from Nashville, TN to LA. I am currently living in North Hollywood. I would love to attend a meet sometime and make some friends!

The story..
30 miles after getting the car, the clutch went out. The guy who traded it to me felt really bad about it. He happened to be a mechanic and offered to fix the car for the cost of the parts. Very nice of him, however, he didn't the job correctly. In the less than break in, the clutch went out again.
I've been driving 5-speeds since I got my license 6 years ago. I know how to shift..never had any clutch problems until now.

A friend of mine told me about a guy he knew that had worked on his Civic in the past. He installed a stage 2 system.....but didn't machine the fly wheel. The car has a violent shake in reverse and when down shifting into second. Recently, it started shaking in neutral. The only way to make the shake stop is if the clutch pedal is engaged.

I don't have the know-how , tools or experience to fix it myself. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good mechanic? I've already sunk $1,200 into it..hopefully this time, someone can do the job correctly :)

Any help is sooo so appreciated. It's my only source of transportation.

Thank you for your time! I'll be looking for your replies!

Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:57 pm
frank the tank

Post Re: 2G Clutch Probs (new to DSM's)
When. You get a chance make an intruduction.

Welcome to California you must be loving the weather

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:24 pm
Profile YIM

Welcome, I'll be in Nashville next week. Any good eat spots/recommendations?

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:05 pm
N00b

@Hugo Yes!! Sweet 16th Bakery in East Nashville has amazing breakfast sandwiches. Also check out Jackson's, Cafe Coco and Mitchel's Deli! Everything there is really good. Don't leave Nashville without getting some good ole Southern BBQ!! Ohh, if you're into Sushi, PM's by Belmont College is a must!!

If you're into bars, order a Bushwhacker at ReBar in MidTown (off of Division). It's like an adult Frosty! Be careful..more than 1 and you'll need a ride home! haha Patterson House is within walking distance to ReBar. They've been around forever. Expensive drinks..but they're worth it. They take a while to make..but the experience and vibe is awesome!

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:29 pm
DSM Regular

waddup JoelA you should hit up RoadRaceEngineering they pretty much are the DSM GODS

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:38 pm

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:59 pm
No More 2.3L

Sweet, I'm drunk in Nashville right now. I will be back I'm CA within a few weeks, if you are still having issues I might be able to take a look.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:54 pm
Profile YIM

I'm wondering if the dowel pins between your engine and trans are missing

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Death to Head Gaskets!

two reasons it can shake is either the transmission bolts backed out and now theres a gap between the trans and the block, i forgot the snug up the bolts one time and they backed out and i experienced similar symptoms, the only other reason i can thing of is the flywheel bolts loosened up

check the trans bolts 1st and get back to us.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:10 am
Talon of Doom

loose or dead motor mounts will cause this too

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
N00b

Actually, the last mechanic that worked on the car didn't put the trans bolts back in so I had to have them ordered and installed. I thought that was the cause of the shake too. I replaced one of the motor mounts because it was totally blown out. the rest actually looked okay. I've heard that when you replace one, you should replace them all..but they seemed to look perfectly fine.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:21 pm
N00b

Sadly, last night in Echo Park, the clutch went completely out. A $150 towing bill later and the car is hanging out in my drive way. Anyone want to buy it? I don't have the money to get it fixed :/

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:23 pm

You're giving up too fast.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:47 am
DSM Regular

Believe me, getting a shitty dsm for the first time is a pain in the ass, but once everything runs fine, youll fall in love with them. Like Bert said, you're giving up too fast. RRE is good but may be pricey, if you want a REALLY good mechanic for a GREAT deal call Chai, believe me, hes the man!
I'm sure he'll fix your car without a problem.
(818)901-9757

-Rick

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:49 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next