[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper 
DSM Regular

Post Re: GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper
WELLLL... It's that time again. I had another photo shoot with the new setup around my school and i thought i like to share it with you all. Enjoy.

We got some MADDD speed bumps here

One day ill get the balls to ask if i can run our air strip. Maybe i can set up a local drag event

Love how big my brakes look here, i need to get the rear brembos ASAP!

Last edited by danielsl1999gsx on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:45 pm
DSM Regular

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Very nice. The rims make a huge difference.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:17 pm

You peeled off the panda?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:20 pm
DSM Regular

Thanks guys.
And haha yeah looooooongggg time ago!

Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:43 pm
DSM Regular

Catching this crap up. Be prepared for massive updates!

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:33 pm
DSM Regular

Update: MPG Tune
For some odd reason my car loved these wheels and gave me a noticeable gain of 2-3 mpg a gallon. With this in mind I came to the conclusion that I was going to try to max out my mpg with this car since it was my daily that took me to school (LA to SF) almost 10 times a year. I ended up making an agreement with a Beau who would tune my car on 87. That’s right, a built GSX tuned on 87 gas lol…
The road tune was… well… what can you say, interesting. We pulled back all the timing in the world and tuned the boost down to about 12psi. At WOT we richen it out like crazy to avoid any knock which was damn near impossible but ended the day with a clean tune for both WOT and cruising. The gsx after we finished :

The next week I had a prefect opportunity to test out my freshly tuned GSX, since it was time to head back north. Let me state that my car was completely stuffed with clothes, books, tvs, computers, and everything needed for college. I filled it up at a gas station 1 mile from my house, topping it off with about 13.5 gallons and from there I reset my meter and began driving. During the trip up north, I have to climb a the grapevine, which is nothing but increasing incline for about 15+ miles. All in all, I say I was completely happy with what I got to one tank :D

That’s right, 431 miles to a tank. I ended up making to school with one full tank, 70% highway and 30% streets. Again this was all on crap ass 87 gas with 14.7-15.5 AFR cruising and a full load. I loved the MPG my car was giving me, but it was kinda depressing driving it around know how much potential power it had waiting to be unleashed.

MOD 2013 and Ksports

Ended messing with the ride height a bunch of times, and dropping it way too low on my last time. As you can see here:

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:01 pm
DSM Regular

MOD 13
This was the day before MOD 2013 as well, and the car was undrivable. Any imperfection on the road was cause them to immediately bottom out and make the loudest noise ever. I ended up meeting Raul house with some other fool, We worked on each other’s car before we headed to mod in the morning. Lets just say that none of us got any sleep that night but maybe wally lol... at least we were ready for MOD! Here are some photos of the event:

Franks 1g killin it.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:02 pm
DSM Regular

Update 9: Performance parts install 1/2

After seeing all these badass cars making some serious numbers on RRE dyno, I told myself it was about time I did the same. So I put aside a whole weekend and installed everything that I had been colleting for about 4 months.
FP2’s

Dual Fals

ARP Hardware

AME 320lp E85

Bride Bucket Seat

Turbo Blanket

RC 1200s

FP Manifold that I later had coated.

Evo 8 ECU

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:06 pm
DSM Regular

Continue

The easy part was done, now all I had to do was put aside some time to get all these parts installed. This actually took some time to get to, I believe this stuff sat for about 1-2 months before I called my buddy up and ask him to help me out. We set aside a weekend and began the prep for my Dyno day. Luckly, for one of the days I had an open spot at the shop I worked at so I started on as much as I could.

Start with the most important thing first, oil change!

Only the best :D

Next was a coolant flush but ended up breaking my coolant drain plug. This was a pretty big bummer.

And use this a temporary plug till I got a new one from a harware store. The struggle..

Next was removing the manifold, which was what I was afraid to do the most. Ive always had terrible luck with these, either stripping threads or breaking bolts. But the show must go on.

Thankfully I got all four out with no problem!

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:07 pm
DSM Regular

continue

However, lost one to the head. :/

But on the up side I found out that my hotside was ported! SCORE!

Gave everything a good look over and clean before I moved on. Needless to say, beside the broken head stud this removal went fairly easy.

Also went ahead and added my AEM Oil pressure sensor so that my gauge actually read something lol.

Fans wired up and turbo blanket installed.

All finished up with day one of part install, now on for day two.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Wow :shock: very impressive Daniel. Keep it up. Can wait too see it.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:25 pm
No More 2.3L

Looks really good man. It's nice to see DSMs that are getting the love that they deserve.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:19 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

New Wheels, FAIL
Sometime during this month I finally got tired of the poke that my RPF1 were giving me with the 20mm spacers I had up front. I ended up selling them for something a bit more aggressive…

Haha that’s right, RPF1 again! But this time in SBC 18x9.5!! Geez these wheels were so freakin sexy it was unbelievable. They were mounted on 265/35/18 Hankooks that made them looked so mean. Just sitting down in my room made me want to leave them there as decoration, but I had to throw them on my car sooner or later. I bought these with the hope of having that poke in all four corners instead of just the fronts.

Well… the test fit was terrible in the air and on the ground. Ha, I mean what could you expect. This offset is way too aggressive for a 2g body without some fender flares. It could have been the fact that my car was on stock suspension but still, I did not like the look at all. Im in a love/hate relationship with these wheels because they look so damn good on a 2g but don’t clear big brakes for shyt. I ended up selling these rims as well, and went back to my lame stock Evo 8 enkies. But here is how they looked just for fun.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:19 pm
DSM Regular

New Exhausts

I got around to installing my HKS High power just for kicks, like I stated before I sold this exhaust because of the attention it caused. However, I missed the sound so i bolted it on for a couple of weeks before I had RoadRace make me a custom stealth exhaust.

Little Video Sound clip, note the flames with my stock exhaust haha

Had my fun with the HKS on but it was time to go get my other exhaust made. RRE does some top-notch work and exhaust looks great.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next