[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper 
DSM Regular

Post GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper
I thought i add about me/GSX since a lot has changed to the car from my last post here ---> viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13927

Im mostly on the DSMTuners (Got a build thread there) but i thought i add some more here... Anyways some about me:

I live in NorCal for about 3/4 of the year for college (Nursing Program :mrgreen: ) So the GSX is up there most of the year as well, however when i come down to LA, im always working on it. So in spring break I wanted to do something new to it...I was getting kinda bored with the color scheme i had going on as seen here: SF Area

So i went to town with some PlastiDip i had left over from a previous project. I was not sure on what to take on first, but my BBS seemed like a nice candidate.

and three wheels later, the final product is finished.

Now on the way back up to school 457miles one way :doh , i got pulled over in Meced for having a "Too Loud Exhaust" & " Dark Tint"... i was freakin pissed, and to make matter worse he asked me to pop my hood... Thank God i powercoated everything black, but he gave me hell for my exposed airfilter. I got away with a fix it ticket for both exhaust and tint. But im in NorCal, how the hell was i suppose to get a stock exhaust? Lucky i found one on CL in LA, and out of the kindness of my pops heart, he drove all the way up to Napa with it. This was at my school parking lot.
and 30 mins later: :|
And thats how it sat for the remaining time at school. (My parking spot)

I ended up selling my HKS high power and boy do i miss it. Need to get something more stock looking but with performance in mind...

Now im back down here in LA for summer, and after browsing the forums i got an idea. I always loved the panda look on the talons, but never seen a silver 2g with a black top before. I was gona wrap my roof but i didn't want to waste 100+ on something that may not look good. So i bought some more Dip and prepped.
And the finished product!

So thats how it stand for now, there was more stuff i did to it like suspension, intake, bla bla i just didnt take pictures to document it. I got some more "bolt ons" in my room. But have not had time to install them. Hopefully i will before i head out North... One last photo from last Monday meet and In N Out: :mrgreen:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:19 am

Post Re: GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper
check out the vibrant dual tip mufflers. thats what i have on my car, and when there's cops behind me, i dont get hassled for it. at least not yet. i have a full turbo back 3in exhaust with the vibrant dual tip muffler.

2003 Yamaha R6

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:30 am

Damn very nice keep it up. :partyman:

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:34 am
Post Master

Love the black roof. Dislike the bumper vents. Nice ride, either way.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:37 am
DSM Regular

Your car looks almost like mine. Just mine is white with the black roof and with black bbs too.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 am
DSM Regular

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:10 am
Post Master

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 am

I have the rre vent on my gsx it makes a differences but more now with my blanket on the fp magnifol

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:06 pm
DSM Regular

UPDATE: Brakes!!

A thing i have noticed about my last two GSX is how underpowered they were when it came to braking. Its not bad in the city but up in Norcal were theres open roads for days, stopping from 70+ takes a while. IMO these cars from the factory were too heavy for their stock brake setup, and i knew i would have to upgrade them somewhere down the road. I looked on the forums for what would be the best bang for the buck setup. I came up with 3 four pot caliper choices. 1: STOPTECHS 2: Evo Brembos 3: Baer ProKit ( Super Rare). My first choice was StopTechs because of Christ old 2g. He gave me a ride in it once and i swore he was gona run a stop sign near my house at 60+ mph. But to my surprise he started braking, (I was thinking in my head just how far off he would miss the line) but NO. This car stop so hard i thought we hit a wall and ever since then i wanted a set. However, when Christ did end up parting his car out, i had no ride, so i watched to let them slip away :depressed: Now fast forward like 6 months, and with my current GSX the brake craving came back. I was about to go Evo Brembos but they needed way to much modification to be bolted on these car. I wanted a kit that was designed for the eclipse platform, and on one lucky day out of the blue. An ad on CL popped up saying "Baer Brakes Eclipse" no way they could be the four pot style. When i clicked it i was shocked, i found my kit. When i went to go pick them up, i was in awe on just how big they were compare to mine. Here are some pics of the install:
Stock

Baer 4 Piston Big Brake Kit compared to stock:

Installed:

This was a major PIA job, the washer the kit came with were too small so i spent a bunch of time looking for a washer that would mate the caliper to the rotor perfectly. Then i could not get them bled properly, i was at this for like 2 hour and i still had a squishy pedel. So i called up RRE to have them bleed my brakes. I dropped in early so i can get a spot since i had to appointment and they took me in. 5 mins after leaving Sam calls me and tells me that i had installed them on oppostie sides. :oops: :doh :doh :doh :doh What a Fail... No wonder they would not bleed. I had no ride back to pick up the car so i let RRE take care of my mistake. lol Thanks guys.. SO Here is the final product:

And wow.. these thing are BADASS! They work just as i remember Christ's Stoptechs if not better. I can finally have confidence that my brakes will stop this heavy ass car. Next on my list are JIC or Koni's

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:32 pm
DSM Regular

Very nice on the brakes. I'm looking into upgrading mine as well just not sure which route yet to go with.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:46 pm
DSM Regular

badass

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:48 am
DSM Regular

UPDATE: Photo Session
Borrowed my sister's SLR and had my own photo shoot. Not the prettiest scenery but it will have to do till i get that car back up north. I dont got an "eye" for the artistic crap, im more of a point and shoot kind of guy, so forgive me if the lighting/angle/contrast is off. Let me know what you guys think.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:03 am
No More 2.3L

Nice pictures man. I like the angles you took the pictures from.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:57 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Thanks man! Sadly i lost my driver sidemarker after this shoot. =( Now im on the hunt for another one, looks so off with nothing there.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:58 pm
Post Master

Nice looking car!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next