[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper 
DSM Regular

Post Re: GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper
Final Parts Install 2/2

With some extra cash in my pockets now from selling my Rp’s, I went ahead and finished putting on the last pieces to the puzzle before my tune. This weekend consisted of Raul and I rebuilding my whole head. We went ahead and threw in my FP2, Evo 9 springs and retainers, 3g lifters, valve steams, gaskets, cam seals, RC1200s, Bride seat and an AEM 320lp E85 pump.

The AEM fuel pump was by no means a bolt on like your average Walbro 255. I felt that we spent as much time installing this fuel pump as we did rebuilding the head. The wires had to be solder, fuel hanger modified, and a hole needed to be drilled for it to breath. I only went with this pump because of the promising data on it with both 91 and E85.

Once everything was finally in, we fired it up! It was running like a champ with the notorious belt squeal . Off the bat, the car pulled so much more at top end with my crap 87 tune. I felt like I didn’t even need a tune lol

Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:42 am
DSM Regular

D-Day @ RRE

Three days after everything was installed, it was D day for the 2g. I had been putting this off for about two years and now it was finally time to dyno/tune my car. I let the car sit for 1 day before taking it to RoadRaceEngineering for its dual map tune.

Remember to eat your veggies:

Lame cheesin photo:

Bolted up to the Dynapack

Getting started with the actual tune was a bit of a challenge. When I switched to the Evo 8 Ecu the computer wouldn’t boot up. I really thought that I had bought a dead Ecu but it turned out to be bad connection between the OBII plug and cable. Once that issue was solved we ran into a wastegate problem. I made the switch to a Election boost controller so we could keep the boost level up at higher RPM, but when we removed my manual boost controller we broke the nipple off my FP wastegate. Luckly, this happen at RRE and they had an extra one laying around. Then for the final issue, my knock sensor was picking up crazy readings at idle. At this point I really thought that I was never going to get tuned. Sam troubleshooted this for some time but he came to the realization that it was not going to be fixed. He then made the decision to tune my car as a standalone and turn the knock sensor off. I really didn't care at this point because it was getting late and we hadn’t even started tuning. But once all these issue had been dealt with we finally had a clean pass.

Tuning was finally starting to go well, we began adding more timing and boost and the numbers kept going up. It was going so well that it made me think about my spark plugs. I remember that I had re-gap them because of we were running such low boost for my Ecotune. I asked Sam what should be the gap for an E85 tune and he said something around 20 thousandths. I told him I was pretty sure my gap was nowhere near that and he said that we would keep tuning until we start missing. Needless to say, this was the video right after our conversation lol

This was the last video i got before the final pull for the Arco 91 map hehe. On the next pull the car ended up with 310hp/288tq

Here is the view from the rear, gotta love Cali's crap 91 octane making some smoke!

As the night started getting later and due to my lack of sleep I forgot to take photos and videos but I was able to get two videos of final touches of my E85 tune. Off the bat with no tuning and just switching gas the car made 345hp/312tq. I knew I was goting to break my goal of 350 with ease, now the question was when? Sam kept on tuning but we had finally maxed out this old 16g. It wouldn’t make boost past 25lb and even with more timing we saw no power gains. It looked like it was time to finish up.

These were the last videos I got for the night because my battery had just died. I think right after this we made one more pull and ended with my final numbers. 360hp/325tq!

My first impression on the test drive was nothing but amazement. This car was a complete monster compared to what I had been driving. I spun all four in first gear and made the tires chirp in 2nd, 3rd I was gone haha… I was in love with this car and impressed with what Sam pulled out of my setup. This is an absolute blast to drive as a DD. I would totally recommend Sam and RoadRace for anyone looking to make some power out of their Mitsubishi. Boost on my friends

Last edited by danielsl1999gsx on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:13 pm

Nice. Good stuff man. You just need to upgrade your turbo now

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:17 pm
DSM Regular

New turbo is bought and ready to go. Ima wait till summer to slap it on though, im switching my focus to suspension now.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:23 pm
frank the tank

16g?

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:50 pm
Profile YIM

Loving this thread, man! Nice build. Getting me motivated to dust off my toolbox and do some more work to my 1G. Keep it up!

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Yes this was on a 16.
Thread is still not finished, i just haven't been able to do another write up. Im back up north with the 2g but ill hopefully see you guys in summer.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:17 pm
Luvz teh Beer!!

I'm assuming you all have guns and crack!

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:44 am
DSM Regular

I dont have any photos of what i did exactly but from what i remember doing is lining up the FP onto the stock rubber molding? (the rubber that holds the fuel pump on the bottom) and marking where the hole need to be on the rubber molding. From there i drilled and drilled and drilled that rubber molding as best as i could to get a hole through. From there same process for the actual hanger, marking where the hole was on the rubber molding to the metal hanger and drilling it out.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:08 pm

that fuel pump was a bitch. i think i'll stick to a walbro. how's the car running daniel?
oh yeah, i like how i got my 3 seconds of fame in the vid.

2003 Yamaha R6

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:21 am
DSM Regular

Yes it was... But on the upside this FP makes like no noise at all, even though i kinda miss the whine from the walbro.
Car is running like a champ, no problems since my tune. And of course man, credit where it is due.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:26 am
DSM Regular

Update: New Wheels again :lol:

For those of you who may not know, i made a thread about running RPF1's with a BBK installed up front and what was needed to be done to run them properly. Needless to say i got tired of the massive poke up front and ended up selling them. I then had the greatest idea of running those same wheels but in 18x9.5 with 265/35/18 to have the poke look all around. :aha: Yeah..... it looked terrible! I ended up selling those. But now i think I've finally found some proper wheels that clear BBK with ease and look like tits. I give you my newly acquired Volks CE28 18x9 +35 with Hankook EVO12 245/35/18.
Image[/url]
[Image[/url]

These wheels gave me no trouble whatsoever with fitment and even had a slight poke all around :D Everything went on like a glove and cleared my BBK like nothing. Being +35 offset i think the widest tire ill be able to run with is 255/35 without rubbing on the knuckle as im pretty close right now.

Image[/url]
Image[/url]

Well, thought I'd give you guys an idea of how these look on a 2g. Enjoy :thumb:

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:14 am

your car looks tits. nice wheels.

2003 Yamaha R6

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Very nice Daniel. :prayer: