[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper 

Post Re: GSX slow build : DD/Autox/Sleeper
You'll get it next time brother keep up the good work. Reminds me I need to get back to fixing mine again just been busy like crazy! Gsx will be fun for sure!

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:34 am
DSM Regular

Thanks guys, missed the dsm like crazy and i know what you mean by being busy. I literally put the car back together in 3 days, drove it for 25miles, threw it on the dyno, and then left the next day back up north. I got a couple of ideas to get some more ponies out of this setup like port work on the head but that will come when i see the car again.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:58 pm
DSM Regular

UPDATE: Kiggly Racing HLA
So here i am back at the drawing board thinking over what i can do to squeeze some more horsepower out of my setup. I've already set a plan a motion are things are starting to come in now. Now with more horse power comes more stress to your engine, so i also have to take into consideration what i can do to maintain reliability. I've read up on these HLA and i honestly don't know what i didn't do this sooner. So many benefits from this little bad boy, I'd recommend it to everyone on this site. Stay tuned for the setup

Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:27 pm
DSM Regular

UPDATE: HTA68
Here's the major change to my setup Greasemonkeys! I actually had one of these turbos about 2 years ago with the intention of throwing it on my car but i got the evo instead. I didn't think i would get one of these again because of their price but i got the badboy for a steal! With this turbo and some porting/polishing of the 2g head i should be in the 400s with ease. Super stoked to get this turbo in and getting retuned, just hope my drivetrain holds up now. Boost on my friends! And im coming for you luis!

Sun May 03, 2015 7:07 pm

OH! Them fighting words. :munch:

Sat May 09, 2015 9:09 am

Sat May 09, 2015 1:03 pm
DSM Regular

Haha HTA brothers. Lets see how long my transmission will last with this bad boy though

Sat May 09, 2015 3:09 pm

My tranny lasted 4 years of abuse what killed my tranny was the clutch 380 ain't nothing now. You'll be fine bro. Lmk when and hope to be ready as Gsx is down for now..

Sun May 31, 2015 9:51 am
DSM Regular

True but its a DSM so you never know with these buckets. Im done with school in like two weeks so ill be putting down some serious wrench hours on this car when i come home. Expect a new video soon! Go fast parts are on there way B)

Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:57 pm
DSM Regular

UPDATE: Evo III / RVR Intake Manifold
Schools out! Now it's time to start working on this bucket again. I figured since I'm porting and polishing the head that it would be a good time to help move that air as much as possible. I picked this bad boy up from a part out and it had everything i needed. I will be porting out the throttle body port to 60mm so that it can mate to my 1g TB perfectly. Hoping for some good results from this new setup!

Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:28 pm
DSM Regular

Update: ST Lowering Springs Review
WHATS GOING ON IN THIS GHOST TOWN???!!! Probably nothing but i thought I'd catch this thread up.
Well i thought i'd finally get around to doing a review on these springs since there isn't really much info and or feedback on them. Product right from the box was well package and looked nice with its powercoated grey color. It came with instructions but eh who looks at those anyways. Install was like any other shock and spring replacement and these springs gave me no problems with fitment. Overall a 40 bucks well spent for a lowered look on a 2g.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:05 am
DSM Regular

Update: StopTech BBK
The wait is finally over! I have real brakes on my dsm again and not a moment too soon. These stock brakes were not cutting it for me and they did not like slowing this boat down from a hard pull. I can't wait to get these things installed and start breaking necks from stopping :D

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:07 am
DSM Regular

Update: Motor Overhaul Part 1
The time has finally come for myself to face the reality of this GSX of mine. I think my motor is knocking :f-u:
Ever since I bought this car in 2011 its has had a tick/knock going on. The previous owner told me it was lifters, which it did sound like but even after replacing them the noise came back. Im honestly amazed how this motor is still running strong and so smooth. It has never given me a problem since day one besides this noise. I've put about 30k on it since my ownership and that includes two dual map dyno session, a handful of 1/4mile dragstrip runs, and countless highway pulls. I figured to time to do something about it before something really bad happens :D
Boost on my friends :dsm:

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:09 am
DSM Regular

Update: Motor Overhaul Pt.2
Second batch of engine parts are came in and now the only thing left to do is pull out the actual motor :cry:
This will be my first real attempt at pulling out a 4g63 while caring for what is connected to it. I've parted out a couple of DSMs/Evo and went to town on whatever was holding me back from pulling out the motor. So now going against my norm of cutting everything i want to shall be a challenge. Wish me luck :dsm:

Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:35 am
DSM Regular

Update: Engine Removal and Tear Down
Keeping this somewhat alive...
Engine has been removed and torn down. Not the news i was looking for but shit happens. Anyways, new motor is in the works as well as serious drivetrain upgrade. Enjoy :bang:

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6