[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Illeagle's Dirty Bird Build V3
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Illeagle's Dirty Bird Build V3 
Talon of Doom

Post Illeagle's Dirty Bird Build V3
So yup, back at it again. Hopefully this will be my last build. The end product is going to be something Im going to compete in hopefully. But for now the build is going back as a street car till I can buy a DD.

But here's some history.

Stupid 7bolt died. SO.. Build #1 backyard build!

The car back in the day, FWD legit talon running a stock 6bolt long block

Had good times, then shortly following this event:

It killed a piston after I jumped timing due to dirt getting under the timing cover, advancing the timing/causing excessive cylinder pressure.

SOOOO,....Motor #3
Out with the old

In with the new

Shortblock
-6bolt
-Eagle Rods
-Wiseco 8.3:1 Pistons
-Mitsubishi Bearings
-ARP Hardware
-BSE
-All new gaskets, seals, fluid pumps and pan

Head
-HKS 272
-+1mm OS vavles and new Bronze guides
-Stock springs and retainers
-Mitsu MLS with ARP studs

Then later of that year or two, I came up on a good deal on a AWD chassis, so here goes Dirtybird V2

New Chassis, and prepping

Notable items in Car
Comp Clutch Twin Disk

Custom PS cooler setup

Custom Fabbed FMIC

Other notable items without pics.
-Custom Devils own Meth injection setup
-PTE 5031E Turbo Courtesy of Wes, Thank you.
-Jacks Transmission Stage 2.something with a TRE 4spider center diff, Thanks again Wes.
-RC750cc injectors
-Wally 255LPH, no regulator or line upgrade BS
-JIC coilovers
-VOLK RE30 17X9+35 wheels
-Evo8 Clutch style LSD in rear diff, reshimmed.
-Technifit Brake lines, Stock 2 pistons calipers w/ Stoptech 309 Pads.
-Bride Seat
-Custom Stealth style Catback
-Custom 1 of 2 donkey dick 3" O2 housing/downpipe setup
-AEM EMS Series 2 tuned by yours truly.

My original intention of the build was always to have a rocking fast well rounded car that I can DD that will go Mid 11's on a strip, and hold a candle up to an Evo's ass around a bend. As the build progressed, its lost more and more of its street car feel. So build 3 is going to go for full track car hopefully.

Here was the death of the bird. Not bad considering the "I should be dead or seriously injured" speed.

And here is the last few Hours, the decomposition of the bird, hopefully soon the rebirth.

Ill keep this thread updated, trying to get this build done in the next month, Would like to get the new chassis painted and looking good. That and the motor needs a refresher so the head has to go out to get a valve job, dunno if it can get decked again, hopefully it doesn't need a deck.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Last edited by Illeagle on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Added more history, fixed some pics

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:19 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Illeagle's Dirty Bird Build V3
Nice bro glad ur back, I thought u were foing evo for a sec! Well since this is ur final build im sure its going to be a beasty ass bird!!!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:59 am
Talon of Doom

Got the chassis completey stripped yesterday, gotta cut the driveshaft hangers out and the subframe mounting bolts today.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:20 am
Profile WWW

good stuff. Keep us updated with moar picts

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:14 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

LOL can really see the love you have for your car. I can see you made sure shes very well lubed lol. Great to see the birds restoration is in full affect. Keep up the amazing work.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:24 pm
Talon of Doom

Gone!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
frank the tank

Good stuff

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:27 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Your build inspires me not to drive my talon off a cliff. Can't wait to see it finished.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:48 pm
Talon of Doom

Current plan, gotta pull the cylinder head and send it out. Do 60K service on the motor and get and prep a new chassis.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

New shell comming! just bought it today. Fairly clean black GSX. Will run as a GSX for a bit, gotta fix and paint all the damaged talon parts and it will be getting a conversion. What should I go? Rock it black? Matte white? Dark Grey?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:34 pm
Profile WWW

Go grey!!!! :mrgreen:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 pm
DSM Regular

Black is a color i always fall for, especially talons. However, white can let you do color combo's such as the panda. Ugh either one will do, surprise us.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:18 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

Black is sexy! as long as its kept clean

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:01 am

Pffff, go lowrider...FNG style!!

531.5whp 414.8tq @ 29psi, FP3575 on Q16

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:13 am

2003 Yamaha R6

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:00 am