[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Illeagle's Dirty Bird Build V3
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Illeagle's Dirty Bird Build V3 

Post Re: Illeagle's Dirty Bird Build V3
Nice! Yeah those cylinder walls look really good after all the shit you put that motor through. I believe the reason your car still ran with the blown HG is because it was a MLS.

MLS>Composite

10.67@126mph

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:31 pm
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 am
Talon of Doom

Getting back at it again. Assembled my new 7bolt head last night. My machine shop did a little porting in the bowls and blended the valve seats and throats.
Going to be rocking all evo9 valve train (springs, retainers, rockers), 1mm OS SS valves, bronze guides.

The evo8/9 retainers weigh in at 4.0 grams vs the DSM retainer at 13.6 grams
The evo8/9 rockers weigh in at 40.3 grams vs the DSM rockers at 44.0 grams
The evo8/9 springs are a beehive design with so the require less seating pressures to achieve the same RPM. Should do really well vs my old 200K+ miles old 1g valve springs that spec'd out 15lbs of pressure less than another random 1G valve spring laying around. And that was my best spring still, and I still rev the fucker to 8K+ rpm on HKS 272's. LOOOOOOL

But all in all, expecting a more reliable, better running car with a little more linear drivability due to the higher velocity of the 2G head manifold. Also maybe 5whp more top end due to the better flowing head and port work.

New Head:

My 6bolt head, took a beating. A few cracks here and there...but fuck it...i'd rock it still. Already machined for 1mm OS valves. But meh...I wanted to build a 7bolt head.

Old Head:

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Talon of Doom

Evo Rocker vs DSM rocker

All together now.

Bottom end torn down for minor maintenance

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
frank the tank

that motor did put in work !!!

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:21 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3