[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - gas consumption ?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
gas consumption ? 
DSM Regular

Post gas consumption ?
i was just wondering how long a full tank a gas should last ? is it normal to burn alot of gas in a short amount of time...for example if going pretty fast for like a minute my gas(like topping out my first 3 gears) level goes down about a 1/3 of a 1/4 of gas . is that normal (it is my first gst and ive only had it for a little bit) i know that when the car is in boost it burns more gas but is it really that much and if thats true how can i minimize my fuel consumption. i know this sounds like a noobish question but i want to know if thats accurate or my gas meter is acting up

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: gas consumption ?
Gas meter is pretty accurate but maybe could be just amount of force that also pushes the gas away cell the meter makes the gauge read less fuel. But boost will eat gas more worse than a carburueated big block depending on your psi, tuning and other factors. Many members can tell you how their cars can go from miles per gallon to gallons per mile. A turbocharged car's fuel can range anywhere from 30mpg without boosting to .125 Mpg at full throttle and boost

Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:38 am

Lay off the gas pedal so much and stay off boost and problem solved, better gas mileage.

2003 Yamaha R6

Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:55 pm

u have a dsm, gas consumption is last on your list...

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:29 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Post gas consumption ?
with my gst I can get like 28mpg if I drive normally, but if I get on it a lot I swear I've seen the gas needle drop too haha.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:47 pm
DSM Regular

yea like i dont really try to drive fast unless some riced out honda tries pulling up then i step on it but i think what messes me up the most is that i live on hills so when i go up them i think i drain more gas. like when im on the freeway i save a bunch of gas but if im running errands on city streets my gas is going bye bye

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:03 pm
Quagmire

I made it from la to Nevada Utah border on 1 tank...with a holset, sheet metal intake manifold, etc....

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:24 am
DSM Regular

If you live on hills go at a lower gear when going uphill. And when you're going down let go of the gas and just let the car go. At above 1200 rpms our engines cut off fuel and keep on running on the momentum, there's a name for that but can't remember. Other than that stay out of boost and shift early. Also don't put it in neutral when coming to a stop keep it in 3rd until it drops below 1200.

I get about 30 when I don't boost alot., which is not that often lol

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:50 pm
DSM Regular

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:51 pm
DSM Regular

Yeah, that should help out a bit.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:32 pm
DSM Regular

You wanna tell him to shut off his car evertime too lol or ya done with that squeezing your gas tank out dry like waiting for the last drops of a sponge lol

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:16 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:01 pm
DSM Regular

alright then ill give that a try
but do all dsm's go through gas fast if u run them alot. just wondering to make sure nothing is wrong with mine

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:37 pm
No More 2.3L

If you have a fair amount of mods and it isn't tuned then it probably isn't running as good as it could be.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:35 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Post gas consumption ?
also check ur tire pressure it helps out allooooottt

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next