View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Bad missfires! Help! 
Post Master

Post Bad missfires! Help!
Ever since I installed ECMLINK i've been having really bad missfires, almost feels like fuel cut but im not even going into boost and it happens at random times, im not sure if i can post a log on this forum but i have included a link to my thread over on tooners with a cruise log right after the last symptoms. If you guys find something out of the ordinary feel free to comment on either forum, ill be checking it frequently for help..thanks.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuning- ... t152892044

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:03 am
helmet polisher

Post Re: Bad missfires! Help!
what injectors are on your car? remember the chip you have was set for 560 evo injectors, so hopefully you adjusted it to whatever injectors you have

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:39 pm
Talon of Doom

Go in direct access and also reset all the maps to stock. I tuned that for methenol injection. If you can get a log of it misfiring it would help. And a little background info on the car would help too.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Post Master

Yeah, i dialed in the 450's and switched it back to stock MAF.
I pretty much did all the "basic" settings before I turned it on for the first time.
The misfires happen at really random times, today I drove the car to work and it drove fine without a hiccup. The motor is 100% stock, stock everything besides the internals, which I don't think it matters for my situation. It started acting this way since I installed V3, maybe like you said Sam switching the maps will make a difference.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:52 pm
N00b

Did you change the firing order when installing the ECMLink if your on a 95-96 ecu on a 97+ car?

Does it happen more in higher gears?

the log looks fine, minus the fact that i would flatten out the fuel and timing until everything is figured out.

I had the same problem and never knew it till I had a massive amount of load and it turned out to be plugs. NGK copper tops always do the trick with a nice new set of NGK wires.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]