[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Stock intake dump tube
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Stock intake dump tube 
DSM Regular

Post Stock intake dump tube
I had a quick question if this was "ok" to be removed... I heard and read many opinions on how the intake needs it so when the bov engages... It pushes air back to the turbo an keeps the turbine spinning... I also heard it's ok to be removed so that the intake can breathe alot easier without it in the way....

Any info is appreciated, thnx

Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:38 pm
Death to Head Gaskets!

Post Re: Stock intake dump tube
Do you have a stock MAS? Then yes you need to keep it hooked up like factory.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:52 pm
Goderator

It's "ok" if you don't mind your car running like crap.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:11 pm
DSM Regular

Ya, I got the stock mas on.

So since it needs it, does an aftermarket intake such as injen have a dump tube as well? I thought it wouldn't have one, but then I've never seen an injen intake up close.

I wouldn't wanna hav it runnin crapy lol. I won't touch it... I'm glad I checked here before I did anything....

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:24 pm
No More 2.3L

If you are talking about the plastic dump tube piece inside of the stock intake that can be taken out and it won't cause any problems as long as you blow of valve is still recirculated. RRE used to have a link to the how to on the upgrade path but the link is broken now.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:05 pm
Profile YIM

2003 Yamaha R6

Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:26 am
DSM Regular

Nice! Thnx for all the feedbak guys

::::thumbs up::::

Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:04 pm
DSM Regular

You can cut the dump tube so it sounds a little louder, in the vfaq it cuts it at about half the lenght. But the bov tube is needed since the ecu already takes the air from it into acount when retuning to idle. So when there's no return, by the time the ecu realizes the lack of air, it can't recover fast enough, which causes your engine to die when you let of the gas pedal.
That and it causes the turbo to stop spinning

When I got my car it died on me several times on the freeway, luckly never on curves since steering and brakes lose ther "power".

Hope this helps

Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:43 pm
DSM Regular

I cut the dump tube in half for kicks... To see if it makes the bov sound louder... But did the complete opposite, it's 99% quieter... I now can't hear it at all.

But now that I kno, those that are running a stock bov or 1g bov... It needs the dump tube if u want to hear it... By cutting the dump tube in half, it does help releasing the air out of the bov quicker, but too quick that it doesn't make it's signiture sound anymore. If u run an aftermarket bov like blitz or greddy... Then when u recirculate, u can then cut the dump tube an The aftermarket bov will still create it's sound, stock bovs turn completly quiet after cutting the dump tube....

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:35 am
DSM Regular

Yup. Cut mine a few weeks ago and it had the same outcome

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:34 pm
DSM Regular

Anyone got their stock intake with an un-touched dump tube that would like to trade.... I'd like to hear my bov again.
Depending on how far, Im willing on driving up to ur location or atleast halfway.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:19 pm

10.67@126mph

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:20 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

I wasn't aware I had to block off a portion of the dump tube? All I did was cut it down, slapped on some silicone to keep it air tight, and put it back together...

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:02 pm
helmet polisher

I think he thinks you left the hole where the recirculation tube goes on open, if thats the case you have to block it off, as far as the long tube inside the intake itself, you dont need to block that

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:19 am
DSM Regular

No... It's recirc right now... Everythings bak on normal. Just in need of a stock one w/ an un-cut dump Tube to hear my bov again lol

Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next