[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 2g cooling...
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
2g cooling... 
DSM Regular

Post 2g cooling...
I was just wondering if there are any easy mods that can be done to have better efficiency on air cooling,

I know 1... By modifying the wheel wel where the sidemount intercooler is at, cutting out a portion for ventilation... I've heard it helps.

Are there other easy ways to have or create better air flow either to the intake or motor to keep temps cool?

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:19 am
Goderator

Post Re: 2g cooling...
Buy a larger aluminum radiator and duct it with tape and foam so air entering through the bumper is forced to flow through it. Use less antifreeze and run a 180F thermostat. There's a hundred different things you can do for cooling, as long as your car is staying 190-205, you're fine.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:57 am
DSM Regular

Post 2g cooling...
Got it... The temps are normal, I jus wanted more cool air hitting the intake/motor.

I'll need to figure out how to duct air to hit the radiator better... The condensor is right infront of it, which makes it difficult, taking all the cool air... I even saw debree an rocks in the condensor fins, not sure how to get those out without taking the whole thing out and have un-used refrigerant bust out... A/c don't work, hasn't worked since 2001, (compressor clicks repeatedly)

I wonder if there's a way to duct air thru the hood or front bumper area like an inlet that evos hav, that helps the intake get cool air... Wonder if anyone did any mods an took pictures to give me an idea of what/how they ducted more cool air flow

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:26 am

I figured that you meant cooling down air intake temps, so I decided to do a search on dsmtuners.com and here's what I found. You can always do a search yourself and get more info than what I'm providing.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie- ... temps.html

2003 Yamaha R6

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:36 am
Goderator

The condenser is fine. it's not hurting your car, especially with the AC off. Efficient cooling actually relies on the air being in contact with the metal long enough to exchange the heat to the air. Slowing the air down means it has more time to pull the heat from the radiator so as long as the condenser hasn't been mashed shut, it's not a problem. As for intake temps, either build an air box, drill out the bottom sheet metal and duct, or run with no headlight/drilled headlight.

It's good to have a logger to see if you actually need to do all these things because you're most likely not getting crazy with that t25 listed in your profile to warrant heavy aero modifications.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:46 am
DSM Regular

Post 2g cooling...
@Lamba.... Kool thanks, any info helps.

@christ...

A logger wasn't in mind till now, I should get one. I'm looking at building an airbox, saw a few homemade ones that look sufficient. As for cutting the sheet metel below intake area to duct air does sound like a good idea, not sure y I didn't think about that, lol

It's probably not needed with the small t25... I was just thinking more cool air wouldn't hurt, maybe benefit some on hot days

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:10 am
DSM Regular

What would be a good logger to get?

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:00 pm
Squish Face

Ducting is key to keeping coolant temps down. I cruise around 180-200* when the ambient temp is in the llow to mid 90's. As for air temp, once you get rid of the sidemount it's easier to do.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]