[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Did some tuning over the weekend
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Did some tuning over the weekend 
Squish Face

Post Did some tuning over the weekend
Last weekend decided to finally do some tuning after putting about 3k miles on the new motor. With much help from the mad scientist Sam we managed to get a good base tune. Here are the results from the base tune.

So with a safe 91 octane base map she made 340whp and 300tq at 19psi.
I accidentally uploaded the wrong boost plot picture, the final boost plot is <2psi difference from the picture i added but it gives you an idea of what the boost curve looks like. Overall i was pretty happy with the end results, we could of upped the boost and go a little crazier with timing and afr but i decided to leave it at this for now since this is suppose to be the safe/slow map! I'm actually really surprised at how efficient this turbo is at such a low boost level, can't wait to see how much she'll flow when i up the boost! The car feels so weird compared to the 16g but it feels solid and doesn't feel like it's about to die every 10 seconds which makes me pretty happy. Gotta fix a leaky oil line and dying transistor pack that showed themselves after the dyno. Hopefully within the next week or so i'll get around to getting everything all setup and ready for meth :twisted: .

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:22 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Did some tuning over the weekend
Is this on the gst?, nice power for 19psi

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:29 pm
No More 2.3L

Looks pretty good, how high into the RPM range are you planning to take that engine?

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:30 pm
Profile YIM

Cool beans, what turbo are you running?

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:46 pm
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:38 pm
Profile WWW

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:20 pm
Profile YIM
Squish Face

Yeah it's on the gst.

It's a pte gt3255e

And no more than 11k Wes.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

I'm excited to see what it does in the higher RPMs. That power curve is looking awesome at 7400.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:06 pm
Profile YIM
Squish Face

who needs a smim, 2g manifold ftw! Looking forward to the meth tune, but I've been incredibly busy it's hard finding the time to work on the car. Hopefully I get a break soon.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

That is sick,.. Thats as much power i want and around the same boost level.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:21 pm
Talon of Doom

Did you ever figure out that boost solenoid vac line issue?? :P j/k

I see mid 400's in that car on the sauce.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Squish Face

Not my fault that its backwards from all the others ones i've seen! lol good thing we got that thing fixed if not i would of been :bang:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]