[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - am kinda new n need some help am getting"" fuel cut"
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
am kinda new n need some help am getting"" fuel cut" 
Talon of Doom

Post Re: am kinda new n need some help am getting"" fuel cut"
90% of people dont know what fuel cut really is. Fuel cut makes you look in your mirror for parts rolling on the road behind you. It scare the fuck out of you. If you dont feel like you just ran over a parking curb at 60 mph, you didnt get fuel cut. You most likely got misfire. First and formost, check you spark plugs, What plugs are you running and what is the plug gap. If its anything other than a copper plug, toss it and get some NGK BPR7ES. Next would be inspect your wires. Do this by pulling each wire out one at a time while the engine is running and making sure the spark is not arcing out of the wire anywhere other than the end where the actual spark plug goes.

At 9psi on a 16G you should not be getting fuel cut. At 15~16psi yes maybe. If you have a bad boost leak, then yes you can get fuel cut at that boost level.

+1 with Mr Wes about a ton of mis-information on this thread.

This is the science behind fuel cut. ECU has no idea how much actual boost is being delivered. All it says is guessed airflow in CFM based upon a frequency output from the MAF Sensor. If the value in Hz excedes a programmed value in the ECU 2400hz I believe, the ECU will think there is an overboost condition and more air than what the fuel system can support, so what the ecu does to prevent detonation is completely cut fuel. Cant have an explosion without fuel.
So the root problem is the MAF is seeing too much air, whether it is a too big of a turbo or too much boost or a combination of the two. OR a boost leak. The wastegate is tryinng to maintain a set pressure in the intercooler system, if there is a leak it will increase the speed of the turbine wheel to pump more air, to compensate. Think if a baloon with a hole in it, you can still inflate it, but you gotta breath harder. The ECU sees this extra volume of air thinking theres more boost in there, hence ecu has no idea how much actual boost, it just sees volume. So in turn it cuts fuel.

So make sure it's not just misfire 90% of the time it is, if it feels like I described earlier where you are looking for your engine rolling on the road behind you, then thats fuel cut.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

What Sam is trying to say in laymen terms is if the car thinks more air than the fuel can support safely is entering, it fixes this by stopping the injectors from injecting fuel, stopping the turbo from spooling and stopping the air from out flowing what the system was designed to handle. Too much air, not enough fuel, liquid magma.

The measurement of how much air entering is at the very beginning of the intake route, you have several feet of piping and several devices the air runs through. If air is leaked in any of those locations, it will not be accounted for. Less air, more fuel, pig rich, foul your spark plugs, hesitations, bogginess and all that fun stuff.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:27 pm
DSM Regular

yea thnx for the help guys today i went n got new spark plugs n still same problem.. so i drove to the meet in the ie n frank saw my car n yea he said i must have a huge boost leak so am going take off my front mount n all my piping because it looks crappy n may have boost leaks because of tht do am going to go with stock piping n intercooler n see if that helps i hope so am going to start workin on that tomorrow after work bt now am going yo need a stock bov maybe a 1g or idk am new to this setups so am sure ama have some problems figuring out how the stock intercooler goes looks simple hope it doesnt get complicated..

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:47 pm
DSM Regular

ya thanks Illeagle and christ for clearing up and helping understand what fuel cut is, i think though ,611dsm, u dont need another bov, but maybe just take a closer look at your clamps' tightness, cause that could be just it. i had a major boost leak cause my shop forgot to put one clamp on the upper I/C pipe and i couldn't make it passed 25

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:13 am
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:04 am
Profile WWW

Dude, just do a boost leak test and find where the leak is. It'll be much cheaper than throwing parts at it to see what fixes it. Also, like Sam said, check the condition of the wires.

2003 Yamaha R6

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:37 am
DSM Regular

yea i did check the wires n plugs i bougyt the ones u guys told me BPR6ES..

Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:16 am

I doubt its because of the small 16g I was running a evo3 16g at 16psi and I never hit fuel cut. I was running stock inyectors and stock FP. I had a bigass core and 2.5 piping. You have a big boost leak somewere like mentioned do a boost leak test its really easy and it will solve 99.99% of your problems.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:28 am
Death to Head Gaskets!

Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:38 am
DSM Regular

yea am going to do a test n see if i find the boost leak i met a guy tht has a tester so am.going to wait on him.to.lend it to me n show me how to use it cuz i never done this...

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:09 pm
Talon of Doom

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

ok i check the spark plug gap n it was .29 so is good i was also looking at all my piping n found 2 hoses tht were loose n i tight it but after that i checked my car n still had the same problem i think am really going to need help from someone that really knows because at 3500 rpm i cant boost because i get like bak fire..

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:33 pm
Goderator

I broke up above 4k full boost when my transistor pack died.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:03 pm
DSM Regular

ok so today i worked in my car all day.i took off my front mount n put all stock piping n intercooler.. i got a new tps sensor,also i checked my knock sensor..bt my car is acting up.. ;/ now i can pass 3000 rpm bt it still throws smoke when shifting.. what can b wrong with my car damn i really need help ...

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next