[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - The notorious P0300/302/304 & P0400
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
The notorious P0300/302/304 & P0400 

Post The notorious P0300/302/304 & P0400
SPEC'S
1999 Spyder GST
STOCK 7Bolt & Cam/Crank Sensors ,Stock plastic ECU WITH BC272 int/exh cams.

Ok ive been dealing with this damn missfire for a while , its Usually a p0300 but there and there i get a cylinder 2 & 4 missfire. I've allready done a Compression check wich came out good at above 180 all accross , changed transistor/coils/cam angle sensor/plugs/wires and still nothing . I also got a egr code p0400 and i've replaced the solenoid, checked all vaccum lines &egr and it still on . Would the cams or the egr malfunction have anything to do with the missfire? Or would it end up being the crank sensor, im also Running some RC injectors and ive read somewere that they end up going bad, any help will be appreciated .

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:19 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: The notorious P0300/302/304 & P0400
Did you check whether or not maybe the Camshaft Position Sensor could be bad, mine would turn on for a second, run really rough, then die no matter how much throttle I gave it. Does it sound relatively close to the symptoms your car is putting out, maybe even not even able to fire up at all?

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:09 am

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:18 am
No More 2.3L

1. What plugs are you running?
2. What are they gapped at?
3. What boost are you running?

Those questions all relate to if it is a real misfire caused by spark blowout.

It seems that you already checked most things. It could be your injectors but as RC are among the best available I doubt it. I would suspect it a lot more if you had FICs.

Also this would just go away if you got ECMlink :wink:

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:18 am
Profile YIM

1. BPR7es
2. 0.28
3. 18 psi ,

Thats the thing , i could be at idle and the damn light turns on , i hardly s
Smash on it to get the full 18 psi , usually around 15 psi and not full throttle . I erase it drive it do what i gotta do , and come home shut down the car
and Turn it back on and its there. Then erase it , turn on the car and then shut it off and do that 2 times in a row and i get the code again and thats just @ idle. Yeah need to get the funds for ecmlink to turn off all these lights lol but i wanna
Get to the problem first and fix it if it can get fixed lol.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:40 am
No More 2.3L

When was the last time your fuel filter was replaced?

Also I know you haven't been using e85 but my car started running really funky when the injectors got gunked up. Maybe either pulling your injectors and cleaning them or just being lazy and running some fuel injector cleaner through two consecutive tanks might help.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:19 am
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Possibly could be the ignition module is going out. Have you tried checking that out?

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:30 am

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:30 am
Talon of Doom

These misfire codes are misleading. The car isnt actually misfireing, The car can misfire to high heaven and will never throw a code. And it will cruise and drive fine and throw that code.

The code is actually caused by a variation in the signal of what the ECU expects from the cam sensor and what happens. This can be caused by the belt being off a tooth, 1G CAS's where the signal comming out of em are irradic in some units. And also aftermarket camshafts with the angle cut into the end for the sensor trigger being off by a few degrees. A few companies are bad at QC, Brian Crower being one of them. In your case where its not actually missing, but just throwing the code, I'd just live the the check engine light on or buy link and tell it to STFU. The car doesnt go into any "limp dick" mode or anything because the light is on, its just annoying. Honestly if you solve the P030X code, you will still get EGR and 10 other codes.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:01 pm
Profile WWW

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:03 pm
Talon of Doom

yhea, you can disable the ecu's misfire check with CeddyMods through ECUflash. Disable the EGR code too while you're at it. And any other MOFO light that steps up. I dont need a light to tell me my car misfired. I know it happened...I felt it. EGR not working?? O rly now...ITS MISSING, I took it off. Save it for the stuff that matters. Its driving funny or shut off on its own and the CEL is on. Pull it up and it says TPS sensor or MAF sensor fault. Thank you. Saved me the hassle of playing eenie meenie miney moe what died. But for the emissions stuff and misfire, I disable them all.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]