[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - FP Intake Question
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
FP Intake Question 
DSM Regular

Post Re: FP Intake Question
I know it would be noob of me to ask but where would i get more info on what your talking about with the pump to e85?

Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:19 pm

What he is refering to is that his car has 2 tunes programed allready on his ecu with Dsmlink, the car is tuned at a sertain amount of boost on pump gas and has another tune saved for E85 for a sertain amount of boost. So lets say he wants to run E85 and he was running on the Pump Gas MAP , he'll just swich to the E85 map and switch the boost controller to the programed E85 Boost Setting.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:40 pm
DSM Regular

so the DSMlink should be my next upgrade?.

I've been meaning to purchase one but I'm not sure if i should get it since I'm basically all stock

Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:57 pm
No More 2.3L

There is lots of things you can do to your car before getting link or any other tuning solution. It wouldn't hurt to get it sooner. I got it for my car while I was still on the stock turbo and it did improve my 1/4 mile times by adding launch control and no lift to shift.

I didn't regret getting it early on in my upgrading.

Pretty much it isn't the for sure thing you should get next, if you just want to make the car go faster there are other things that can be done first. Here is a great upgrade reference.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:02 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

I'm Kinda in the same boat as you vtec_killer i've been trying to gather funds to get one, gas prices and economy is killing me lol

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:03 pm
DSM Regular

Yeah times are hard right now. i always look at the RRE upgrade path. i plan to follow every step too

I decided im going to go with the Road Race catch can instead of the breather filter. At least thats what i read is the best thing to do

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:15 pm
Talon of Doom

MBC and save 200 for more go fast parts.

On the note on ease of boost adjustment with EBC's, yhea....once you figure out how to adjust it's 20 settings its easy. Then dont even mention installing it. So yeah, once you become EBC master, you can adjust boost like a pro in 2 second without getting out of the car. But thats after spending 2 hours installing it hanging upside down under your dash. The 20 minutes pushing buttons like a monkey to become a pro.

MBC, Install in 20 minutes tops, hardest part is finding where to mount the damn thing. Ugg turn knob right more boost....ugg turn knob left less boost. Once you set it....Really how often do you change boost settings? Mine has been set to 30+ for the last 2 years.

Easy Peeezy Lemon Squeezy. $200 left for beer, tits, and cigarettes. :drinkers:

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

MBC it is then! Im going to have to pick one up from RRE soon.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:42 pm
DSM Regular

guarantee you wont be dissatisfied : )

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:44 pm
DSM Regular

Hallman looks like a good boost controller anyone.

Has any experience with that brand?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:01 pm
Talon of Doom

Hallman's are great. Really well made, very good adjustability, and never had one back out to tighten up on its own with some of the cheaper made stuff. The Dejon ones we had here are RRE had a locking nut that kept it from moving once you set it. And for those that are planning on comming down to RRE for the Dejon MBC's, we aren't carrying them anymore, a new MBC is in the works in the up comming week or so.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Thanks illeagle. How much would the new MBC from RRE be going for. I might wait for them

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:33 pm
Talon of Doom

35~50 bucks...not quiet sure yet. It will either match the old Dejon Price or cheaper since Dejon isnt selling it to us for $45. We are getting em made for less, so we can pass the saving on you. If it cost us 30, we can sell for 40, make 5 more dollars per unit and save you the end buyer 10 dollars. Everyone is happy. We just gotta do some testing once we get em in.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
DSM Regular

Its nice to know that you guys test your products before selling it to us :D

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:04 pm
DSM Regular

hope to see them soon, i haven't been over there in a while are those silicone hoses still going out of stock too?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2