[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - 6 bolt build vs. 2.3build
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
6 bolt build vs. 2.3build 
DSM Regular

Post 6 bolt build vs. 2.3build
Ok My motor is blown, and I wanted to know what build would be better for me. My goal for this build 500-600 awhp, I want to make this car a dd. I will not be cutting any corners this time around I plan on using mainly pump gas and some of the time e85. If I go 6bolt I plan on getting the HD wesico piston and Ross rods. But for the most part I just want to know what build would take the hp I want .

My old build was a half built 6bolt that made 390 hp

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:02 pm
DSM Regular

Post Re: 6 bolt build vs. 2.3build
I forgot I also will be running meth with the 91pump gas

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:05 pm
No More 2.3L

600 on 91 plus meth will be very impressive but I think doable.

If you really want to compare the 2.3 and a 2.0 Sam should have some of his dyno graphs of his 2.0 with a pte5031 and some of mine on my 2.3 with the same turbo. We both made around 440hp with just slightly different power bands.

I think personally if I had it all to do over again I would just build a high revving 2.0 engine as the 2.3 doesn't really add that much in increased spool and it is a lot more tricky to tune as the strokers seem a lot more knock happy.

Here are my graphs, hopefully Sam can post up his for comparison.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Not to shoot your dreams down or anything, a 500+whp motor is not a DD. If you still are going for that goal, its going to take more than just pistons rods and turbo. Enough fuel to do it is going to be one thing. What are you running for engine management? Get good at changing clutches, I go through about 3 a year. have a graveyard of transmissions, I went through 3 transmissions last year. Broke about 4~5 axles. Aside from that driving a 500whp car is tough, you'll have the power, but it will take the above mentioned broken parts to finally get that 1-2 shift right and the 2-3 shift right. 1st and 2nd gear become almost useless.

But if that hp goad were mine, then its would be a 2.0L Wiseco HD's probably 8.5:1 CR, TurboTuff I-beam Rods, ACL bearings, MitsuMLS with L19's. Head work will include valvetrain to allow for 10K+ RPM, 1mm OS vavles, and a a set of cams for that powerband. Expect a 4.5K to 8.5K style power band so a GT3076 will barely touch 500whp, and be streetable with spoolup around 4K. But the better option for 500+whp is a GT3582 or GT3586 or any FP variant of these turbos but at this point I'd rather go T3, and if you are ballin, go twin scroll T3 with a 3582 in a twin housing.

But here is my power graph vs wes's on the SAME EXACT TURBO, no two of the same ones, but he took it off his car and its on my car now. So you get an idea of what the difference is in a 2.3 and a 2.0L

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Quagmire

Wanna hit 500-600WHP and be DD? Get a way bigger motor....I was at 406 with 91 and meth and that poor bastard was screaming its guts out...now i have a V8 putting 485WHP with headers, K&N and a tune without even breaknig a sweat on good 'ole 91....

Plus there's a HUGE difference between 500-600 HP, especially on a 4 banger...

Have you hit 250 whp? Not to sound mean but you need to set your goals a little more realistic.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:36 am
Post Master

My 1g made 511whp in FWD mode on 110 octane, and I feel like I could daily-drive it if I had to, but I sure as hell wouldn't WANT to. It would get pretty expensive filling up with $7/gallon gas all the time, and if I was beating on it every single day I'm sure parts would start breaking a lot quicker than they do in its "garage queen" status. The twin-disk clutch SUCKS to drive in traffic, the car overheats, there's no A/C, no cruise control, and it's also a total cop magnet even though it looks mostly stock. It's just not very realistic with a 4-cylinder car, you need more displacement. That's not to say it can't be done, you just have to be a master mechanic or very rich, or both.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:54 am
No More 2.3L

What they all said, since my car has been daily driver and 450hp I have killed two sets of clutch disks in my PTT twin disk (10k miles per set), I completely destroyed all the u-joints in my drive shaft on a launch, and my Stage 2 TRE transmission had the 4th gear hub explode and take out the trans.

I have been without my dd for three months now waiting on my Stage 4 TRE trans to come (held up by issues with my Quaife center differential). My car really was much more of a daily driver when it made 305hp.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:27 pm
Profile YIM
frank the tank

A daily driver 600 hp car that has a/c and reliable get a zo6 vette

I have a 467hp 437 tq on FP green and since I got the car tuned
I destroyed one tranny and a headgasket I know you're not gonna take shortcuts. But still 500 to 600 that's a race car not a daily it can be done don't get me wrong but YOU WILL BREAK PARTS

500 hp Dsm. Is bucko bucks take that in mind

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:28 pm
Profile YIM

"If you make about 100hp per cylinder or more, its a race car"

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:32 pm
Quagmire

if you need to ask how to make 500whp....you need to just stop right there