[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Master cylinder went bad?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Master cylinder went bad? 
DSM Regular

Post Master cylinder went bad?
Was driving last night when clutch pedal lost most of its pressure, engagement point almost dropped to the ground, and really hard to get it into gear. Found out that I could pump up the pedal a bunch each time I want to shift.

Bad master cylinder or just needs to fill & bleed clutch fluid? Checked a few days ago and it was low, don't know why I didn't fill it up :bang:

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:07 am
Goderator

Post Re: Master cylinder went bad?
Loss of fluid only means one thing. A leak, find it and fix it.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Check your slave cylinder also.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:59 pm
DSM Regular

Thanks guys! Filled up and bled the system, felt better last night but a bit more mushy today. Checked master cylinder rod by pedal and in engine bay and it didn't look like it was leaking...

Guess I'll try bleeding again tonight?

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:11 pm
No More 2.3L

Like Christ said, you have a leak somewhere. You need to find it, if there isn't fluid on the carpet under the pedal then it is most likely your slave cylinder. I did have a SS clutch line develop a pin hole leak once on my car, it was very dangerous as every time I hit the clutch it sprayed hydraulic fluid towards my exhaust.

FIND THAT LEAK!!!!!

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:38 pm
Profile YIM

I've had my slave go ba out of no were , and had the same synthoms as you. All my fluid was leaking out of the slave . Had to add fluid every day and to the point that just as i would pour in fresh fluid it would come out the slave.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:29 pm
N00b

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:02 am
DSM Regular

Thanks for the help guys! It was the slave, and Autozone gave me the wrong part -_-

Luckily the guys at RRE used the AZ to rebuild the stocker (7pm and none of the dealers had it in stock that I could get to)

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 am

^^ yupp , autozone ones suck,.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:39 pm
DSM Regular

Yeah, apparently O'Reilly has/can order the Exedy ones. Heard that it's comparable/better than OEM?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Pepboys has them, they"re sold as LUK. Same as the clutches.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:11 pm
DSM Regular

i work at O'reilly in the wearhouse for OC and LA everyhting comes to my store first and then to stores from san clemente to paramount and if we dont have it in stock i can get them within 12 hours sometimes 4 hours depend when its order!!!!!!!! u must founded by know but just for future reference!!! BTW at really cheap price sometime cost price!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]