[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Shes alive!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Shes alive! 
Squish Face

Post Shes alive!
What's up guys, ive been MIA for quite a while now from the forum as well as the meets. Anyway i figured i might as well start this thread and talk about what ive been doing besides work and school. As some of you might remember my name is Gus, i work at RRE, and i own 2 dsms. So after my last 6 bolt decided to snap a rod and toss it out the side of the block in Jan/Feb (can't even remember) ive been busy saving up some cash to do what i've always wanted to do. So here's what went down over the last few weeks I found a new 6 bolt long block and started a build from scratch. Here is what i ended up with:

6 bolt block:
Mahle Pistons 9:1 comp
Eagle H beams
OEM crank
Balanced rotating assembly
ARP main studs
ACL race bearings (rod and main)
BSE
OEM oil pump and straight cut gears
New OEM everything timing belt side (gaskets,seals, pulleys, etc)
ARP head studs
OEM metal head gasket

2g head:
SS standard size valves
Manganeze-bronze valve guides
New valve seals
Evo 9 valve springs and retainers
HKS 264/272

Other:
Big oil cooler about 12x9 with-6 pushlock hose and fittings and MAN mounting bracket i can probably tow the car with LOL.
Custom 2.5" SS o2 housing
true 3" downpipe
ACT 6 puck setup

Stuff i reused:
Intercooler+piping
SFP tubular manifold/tial 38mm wastegate
PTE gt3255e turbo
tranny
valve cover
meth setup

After i finished putting the long block together 2 weeks ago i towed the car to the shop on friday 6/29 and dropped in the motor/trans. Then last week got everything else around the motor buttoned up. On Wed 6/29 after some struggling with a dead started i fired her up, checked for leaks, and drover her home. Special thanks to Chris, Sam, Art, and Lod at the shop for their help and advice during the build. I'm looking forward to breaking in the motor (she has about 160 miles so far) so i can tune and see what kind of numbers she'll make. I'll update this thread with some pics soon! 8)

So this was what originally happened.

This is what followed:

Bottom end

The head:

Long block:

Long Block almost complete

Motor going in

Motor bolted in

Custom 5 bolt o2 housing

And how she sits now

Have about 500 miles on the new engine, and getting it ready to throw on the dyno and tune.

Last edited by clockworktoy on Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:26 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Shes alive!
Good stuff. Hope to see you at MOD

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:37 pm
Profile YIM
Official Photographer

congrats, good to hear you got her running again

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:42 pm
Profile WWW

Ole Coyotes R Us...

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:05 pm
Profile YIM

Sweet! Looks like a solid set up man.

10.67@126mph

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:02 pm
Profile YIM

Post pics, we like pics.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:11 pm
DSM Regular

So what was the main cause of the 6 bolt that snap a rod? Is this engine bullet proof?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:41 pm
Talon of Doom

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
frank the tank

1/4mile 10.5 @ 136 mph personal best 3582R Las Vegas
1/4mile 10.41@ 137.9 mph Fontana personal best 3582R
5 Gears...4 wheel drive/steer...3 Diamonds...2 cams...1 Turbo...0 Reliability

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:18 pm
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

nice Gus!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:26 am
Squish Face

Updated the first post with pics! Thanks guys.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]