[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Late night tweaking at the shop today.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Late night tweaking at the shop today. 
Talon of Doom

Post Late night tweaking at the shop today.
Tuned Mike L's 1G, dunno if anyone knows him but, clean black 1G with stoptech brakes, and the red and carbon fibre black interior. Finally broke him into the 400whp club on on of that tweak joose, ya know that vtak sauce. Funny story, I did his car previously on 110octane and it made 397 right before the clutch let go. Signs on the logs were good, no knock, tons of timing to go. Told him, get a new clutch and I'll put you into the 400's. Fast forward a month, hes back with a new clutch. Back on the dyno, do some magic and 398whp is ALL IT WOULD DO!!! LOL, more boost, timing, leaner AFRS did NOTHING!!. OMG who would of thought the clutch would die 1hp before max. LOL

Well, back again, now ditching the race gas, he wants more daily-able power, and the sauce set up, set up my way, dialed the car into 405whp, with quicker spool,m more tq, and a wider power band. Best of all USEABLE EVERY DAY!

On to some more tweak, changing out my clutch finally. will post pics later for some gear head eye candy OOooos and AHHHHhhhs!

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:50 am
Profile WWW
No More 2.3L

Post Re: Late night tweaking at the shop today.
Nice, I really need to set up some sauce for my car. Especially since it looks like ethanol may be loosing the government subsidies that keep it's cost low.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:30 am
Profile YIM
Talon of Doom

Old 6puck set up. You served your master well....

Rebuilt Twin Disc

I got set up by Competition clutch. LOL.

It took a total of 43 minutes to get the transmission out of the car.
1 frustrating hour to get the damn trans just back up on in the car.
I couldn't get the the input shaft of the tranny through both discs It would go through one and get almost all the way on, but just wouldn't. After fighting and fanagling and wrestling this thing for about an hour, I take it down, take the clutch apart and try to put each disc on the input shaft just to test if the thing even goes on. And the 2nd one closest to the crank didn't get all the burrs cleaned off the splines. The plastic alignment tool would go through it, just not the input shaft. Cleaned it up, and put the clutch back on the flywheel, bring the trans up and it was on in 2 minutes. OMG!!!! MOTHERF*CKER!!

The rest took roughly an hour and a half, getting tired, and POed about the damn disk. But she's all wrapped up, drove it home, parked it, showered and slept for two hours before going back to work.

Do you need your car tooned? Got some extra cash? PM me for details. I offer street and dyno tunes

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Death to Head Gaskets!

that six puck was toast!

looking good Sam!

hey I have those front subframe bushings for you, ill bring them next time I see you

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 am
Talon of Doom

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:46 am
Profile WWW

Good shit man, that puck disk took a hell of a beating lol. The twin should would awesome.

10.67@126mph

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:52 am
Profile YIM
Death to Head Gaskets!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:33 pm
No More 2.3L

Wow, that flywheel got a tiny bit hot.

452 AWHP 446 lb ft of torque e85 FTW!!

"They are cool manly men now those DSM owners. Before it was just pasty white nerds, metro hair Asian kids and fruit pickers. They do real car club stuff and everything. Sometimes they even spend money here :-/"

-Mike W

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:40 pm
Profile YIM
DSM Regular

Nice clutch

My other ride is your GF!

Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:10 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]