[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Clutch problems
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Clutch problems 

Post Clutch problems
Hi, well I got a 99 gsx and recently changed the clutch n pressure plate a 6 puck, and having problems with my clutch pedal I have been bleeding the master cylinder and checked for leaks even adjusted the pedal lile 4 times. So this is the problem my clutch pedal is soft goes all the way in when I start it up but 10 mins into the drive the pedal starts to get hard and wont go all the way down, also noticed yesterday that when I drive normal not smashing on the dsm it stays soft but when im flooring it clutch pedal gets extremely hard! So I have no clue what it could be;(??? If anyone knows what it could be speak up this is my daily so kind of stressing on it already!

Sat May 28, 2011 1:39 pm
Goderator

Post Re: Clutch problems
Push the fork towards the passanger side by hand to push the slave in. Post back if the rod goes in or you cant push it.

Sun May 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Does the car go into gears okay while driving, or is it tough to shift? Any grinding?

Sun May 29, 2011 11:35 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah it shifts good but if I drive it long an enough the pedal only goes in lile 65% in. I think it might be the clutch line where the stock cylinddr might be, going to try to get a stainless steal line see if it fixes things

Mon May 30, 2011 6:45 pm
Goderator

It might if you didnt bleed it right the firs time.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:55 pm

A clutch pedal that won't go all the way in usually indicates a worn fulcrum ball, which causes the clutch fork to bottom out on the transmission bell housing before fully disengaging the pressure plate. The other symptoms don't line up, though. Part of me wants to think that you might have a crank walk issue since the clutch pressure and travel is changing. I know it's out of style these days to blame anything on crankwalk, but I can't really think of anything else unless there's something horribly wrong with the hydraulics that you've overlooked.

Tue May 31, 2011 1:48 am
Profile WWW

i did bleed it out, mm crankwalk wow shit now that sounds bad! lately when the car has been driven for a good while car wont turn on until i force the clutch pedal to go all the way in with force!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:37 am
Goderator

http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/fwdcrankwalk/

Get to it.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:03 pm

yeah we had done that already its not that! thats a big saver!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:53 pm
Goderator

Maybe you just have jacked up teeth on your pp.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:55 pm

well im going to take off the clutch cylinder (the one located on the tranny) and just run it threw with the stainless steal line from rre, if its not that it could be the fork maybe? since i didnt change it! :bang:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:53 am
Profile WWW

Im gonna with christ there's a thread on when my pressure plate went boom!!! I was having the exact same symtomps you are having. Do you still have your clutch safety switch wired up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 am

Yeah I didnt change the fork only, long story short friend took my car brought it back with burnt clutch, it was sunday needed to go to work nxt morning so I wasnt thinking straight when I dropped everything in im only human my mistake my lesson learned! Yeah wally I still have it wired up why?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:00 am

I was wondering why you were pushing the clutch in to turn the car on never mind. I forgot I had mine removed and I never pushed the clutch in to start it lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next