[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Bad TOB
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Bad TOB 
Goderator

Post Re: Bad TOB

Wed May 18, 2011 3:00 pm
Post Master

I have everything already...BUT...

Fucken clutch didnt come with a damn alignment tool and i wont be getting one until this Sunday and doing it Monday. :(

Fri May 20, 2011 4:50 pm
Squish Face

Mon May 23, 2011 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Post Master

FINALLY FOUND THE CULPRIT!

That bitch was the source of my problem.
Also came to find out that the previous owner HAD NOT put in a CC but a POS ebay clutch that had more heat spots than anything.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:49 am
Goderator

Always change the fork and ball, always. Gj tho, button it up and get it back on the road!

Wed May 25, 2011 8:51 am
Post Master

Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 am
Goderator

No, stop slipping it.

Wed May 25, 2011 9:54 am
Post Master

I tried adjusting the clutch but it was already perfectly fine.

Im going off the assumption that it was my first time driving it with this setup and kept on going off first @ 3k rpm, frying the disc.
Now i go @ roughly 1.5k rpm and smell went away, slowly getting used to it.

Thu May 26, 2011 10:11 am

Doesn't matter clutch needs to be adjusted everytime you do a clutch job. Also don't hold the clutch pedal in a stop light or you will shorted the life of the TOB. I see my friend doing it everytime at a light lol

Thu May 26, 2011 12:11 pm
Post Master

I did adjust the clutch, only one twist clockwise and the valve was already closed.
Did a half turn counter-clockwise and the fork was able to be pushed.
Bur yeah, i switch to neutral from a mile away when theres a stop ahead. lol

Thu May 26, 2011 4:50 pm

You could do it like that I know you gotta have 2" play uptop and at the bottom the same. You need some travel before the clutch engages and disengages. Everyone told me that's why my tob died so early. it was always preloaded meaning it was always being pushed into the pressure plate. I did the same method you did and all my disengagement and engagement was at the top of the pedal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Dezz nuTzz

Fri May 27, 2011 12:16 am

Their website has been down for years but it's preserved at archive.org (for now). I disagree with Taboo's philosophy on extended slave cylinder rod, but otherwise they have lots of good info.

Also, remember to watch this video from Jack as a refresher on proper clutch pedal adjustment:

Fri May 27, 2011 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Post Master

Fri May 27, 2011 2:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2