[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ladsm.com - View topic - Bad TOB
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Bad TOB 
Post Master

Post Bad TOB
I knoe for a fact that my tob is out the door, but can a bad tob be the cause of having a really hard time getting into gear? To the point where i feel i will break the shift lever if i try harder?
I checked clutch fluid and slave and they both checked out fine.

Tue May 10, 2011 1:54 pm

Post Re: Bad TOB
Yeah it will cause its not letting the clutch disengage properly. I remember I had this happened to me right before my pressure plate blew up. After I pulled the tranny my tob was in two pieces.

Tue May 10, 2011 2:11 pm
Post Master

How hard is to replace?

Tue May 10, 2011 2:16 pm

Tue May 10, 2011 3:03 pm
Post Master

hahaha, i guess its dead now
i didnt want to do it now since ill probably be rebuilding it soon
will i have to replace it then as well?

Tue May 10, 2011 3:37 pm
DSM Regular

Damn eric this is not your week..
same shit happened to my srt4 last week..

Tue May 10, 2011 9:50 pm

If you replace it now u could keep it when u rebuild it unless u got another car till u get the engine rebuilt.

Tue May 10, 2011 10:39 pm
Post Master

So today i tried getting into gears while the car was off and they go in like butter but when i turn on the car i cant get it in gear for shit.

Sat May 14, 2011 12:12 am
Goderator

Pull the tranny already.

Sat May 14, 2011 12:49 am
Post Master

Ordered the clutch yesterday, so im just waiting for it to arrive and finally get it fixed.
Its come to the point where i cant even drive it anymore :(

Sun May 15, 2011 9:06 pm
Squish Face

I wouldn't drive it that way unless you don't care about having working syncros. Wait till the parts arrive and pull the trans, its actually pretty simple. I've pulled my trans in as little as an hour and half in the past.

Mon May 16, 2011 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Goderator

Nice having lifts.

Mon May 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Mon May 16, 2011 2:05 pm
Goderator

Its not hard, it just sucks reaching the rear motor mount and being under the car. I'd do it every weekend if I could do everything from the top. I also clean everything I touch so it takes a whole weekend and 3 tooth brushes.

Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm
Squish Face

Ive only done it on a lift once, i use to do it in my driveway with a jack and jackstands all the time. The hardest part IMO is getting the tranny back in once it's out. Other than that its not too bad if your somewhat mechanically inclined.

Wed May 18, 2011 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next