View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Large Oil leak, area has me stumped :?? 
DSM Regular

Post Large Oil leak, area has me stumped :??
So I have an auto 99 GSX. Was driving home for lunch and about 10 minutes of normal driving noticed a burning smell,looked at my gauges and temperature gauge starting climbing.Got to my house in 12 minutes (dont live far from work maybe 2 miles) parked it and noticed oil just dripping out. let it cool down and headed back to work and checked this morning and see whats going on.

Removed intake,and battery and started investigating.Checked some oil lines for rips or wear,could not find any huge leaks by the CAS or valve cover,OFL and return line. Noticed a big pool of oil accumulating in an area next to and under the Battery Tray,under the throttle body elbow and resting on top of the tranny. Checked to make sure it was oil and not tranny fluid and was indeed dark brown.

Does anyone know of any lines or seals around that area that could be causing the leak? Or lines I should know about? I checked the dip stick and oil is pretty much all drained out.

Tue May 03, 2011 1:53 pm
Goderator

Post Re: Large Oil leak, area has me stumped :??
PCV valve. Someone has blow by.

Tue May 03, 2011 2:25 pm
DSM Regular

excessive crankcase pressure :( ill be replacing the the pcv valve soon and checking back. And will probably do a compression test as well.....

Tue May 03, 2011 2:45 pm
Goderator

Either drop the squilla now and get it rebuilt or do what everyone else does...buy a catchcan, keep your oil level filled daily and run it till she blows.

Tue May 03, 2011 2:47 pm
DSM Regular

I do have wallys spare motor to drop in (Still havent removed the alternator to drop off srry wally >_< ), I will end up replacing the PCV valve and running a catch can and doing a compression test just to see.Any thing else I could check for and maybe replace to at least last me awhile while order and recieve some new end clutches and rebuild kit for the trans.

Tue May 03, 2011 3:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]